Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

A quick post to introduce myself, I'm Jake and currently on the look out for a Mk1 MX5. I thought it prudent to join a forum to gain some know-how about these machines before going to view some!

I'm on PistonHeads but don't post much these days as its been a long while since I've had an interesting steer. I used to have a MR2 Tubby but had to sell it with the arrival of the company car,
i'm now in a positon to get a second car for the first time in my life, exciting!

Oh and I'm looking for a UK 1.8 mk1 with no rust, max budget £1000, just seen the Silver mk1 get sold very quickly in the for sale section, so I guess I'll have to be on my toes to grab a good deal!

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

· Registered
51 Posts
Hi there and welcome!

I bought a silver UK 1.8 Mk1 yesterday on here
I sold my last one last year and still miss it. At this price point there is nothing that can give you more smiles per mile!

To be honest, good cars with keen pricing shift quickly. I have lost out on a few over the past few months so just bit the bullet and bought it. I actually haven't seen it or driven it yet! I let a mate do all that for me as he was near to the seller. I won't see the car until Feb as I am out of the country on business from next week.

Anyway, if you got cash waiting and you're prepared to travel they are out there. Good luck with the search.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm currently in Morden, but in the process of buying a flat in Sutton, so Sutton hopefully as of February :)

I appreciate that my budget is slightly low for a uk rust free car, but I'm sure I'll be able to find a 5 that's suitable, I'm happy to look nationwide (within reason!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.