Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just bought myself a 94 supercharged Na bought it sight unseen 馃檲 it鈥檚 being delivered tomorrow at 馃 I currently own an MR2 turbo and 1JZGTE soarer and an MX5 has always been a bucket list car for me!

my new mx5 has been off the road for a few years but starts and drives well, passenger side footwell is a little damp so guessing I need to check the drains and there is very minimal rust.

Other then a service what should I Be looking at when putting it back on the road?
I鈥檒l be doing:

Oil and filter
Fuel filter
Diff oil
Gearbox oil
Discs and pads
Brake fluid flush
Coolant flush

any advice welcome!

thanks

Ben

layabout
Just bought myself a 94 supercharged Na bought it sight unseen 馃檲
brave but nothing ventured?馃槣

it鈥檚 being delivered tomorrow at 馃
will await photo's, of the good & bad (theres always bad so don't be disheartened馃槈)

passenger side footwell is a little damp
beware as the ecu lives under a false-floor panel in the footwell / bulkhead area below the dashboard, damp can cause electrical gremlins in the ecu & loomo_O

Rich.

Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
Other then a service what should I Be looking at when putting it back on the road?
  • get the car up in the air, get to the rear of the car
  • check the sill end plates all over
  • the outer skin at the sill end
  • under the car where the sill faces the chassis rail
  • the arch lip all round
  • check all 8 suspension arms for rust, especially at the mounting points
  • check bush play in main suspension components
  • tyres
  • check how new the belts look, indication of how well/long the charger set up has been running
  • get a friend/SO to put a hose pipe over the car whilst you sit in side, check for leaks
  • with the soft top up, put your hand behind the shoulder belt area into the deck, check if there's a puddle
  • and finally, get a compression test if you get time :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts