Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2006 MX5. Previous owner included a RacingBeat header (racing, so no cat) and associated exhaust pipes as extra parts. I’m now thinking about installing the header and maybe a cold-air-intake and tuning chip. Any general thoughts on doing this? Also, I’ve noticed there seems to be an abundance of parts for NAs and NBs but not NCs. Why?
Back to the header—though my location doesn’t have emission control requirements, I’d still like to do right by Mother Nature and keep emissions from going thru the roof. Will the secondary cat, by itself, restrict emissions? And, how important is it to have the mods tuned by a professional shop—or can I just install the hardware and chip and call it done?
Thanks much?

·
Registered
Mk1 RS Ltd - Mk3 2.0 sport
5 Posts
Just purchased a 2006 MX5. Previous owner included a RacingBeat header (racing, so no cat) and associated exhaust pipes as extra parts. I’m now thinking about installing the header and maybe a cold-air-intake and tuning chip. Any general thoughts on doing this? Also, I’ve noticed there seems to be an abundance of parts for NAs and NBs but not NCs. Why?
Back to the header—though my location doesn’t have emission control requirements, I’d still like to do right by Mother Nature and keep emissions from going thru the roof. Will the secondary cat, by itself, restrict emissions? And, how important is it to have the mods tuned by a professional shop—or can I just install the hardware and chip and call it done?
Thanks much?
Thanks much?
Back to the header—though my location doesn’t have emission control requirements, I’d still like to do right by Mother Nature and keep emissions from going thru the roof. Will the secondary cat, by itself, restrict emissions? And, how important is it to have the mods tuned by a professional shop—or can I just install the hardware and chip and cal

1 - 2 of 2 Posts