Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all.

I'm Jim and i've recently bought myself a 1998 UK 1.8 MX-5 Berkeley as a toy for hooning around in and having fun with the roof down. I've previously owned 3 Eunos Roadsters with my girlfriend so i've been a bit limited in what i can do with the car seeing as she needed it as a daily, wouldn't allow me to mod it too much and i couldn't have it off of the road for more than a weekend at a time. This one i've got now is mine, all mine!

The car i've picked up is a 1.8 Berkeley that i bought 'blind' from an online salvage auction. The car is fairly clean from what i've seen so far but unfortunately the damage is more than just to the front wing (which is what i originally thought) Not deterred, yesterday i picked up a 1997 1.6 MX5 with no tax or MOT for a bargain £250!

When i'm off work next week i'll set to work getting all of the bits i need off of the 1.6 and set about getting them onto the 1.8. (When i've got what i want i'll be selling the rest off as parts so keep a look out in the parts section if you're after anything)

Once i've got the car VIC checked and MOT'd i'll be looking at getting it nice and tidy and then set about modding it. I'm not really sure what i'll be doing exactly yet but i was thinking a very track / race inspired car for fast road / track use. I'll be searching the forums over the next couple of weeks to see where i'll go with it but first things first to get it on the road and drive it.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

(For anyone that may want to know, i paid £460 for the car delivered to my door which is probably a little overpriced considering the damage but i took the gamble buying blind and i'm happy with the car
)

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to the nutz house.
where abouts in Kent are you?

I know, i know.
It's parked up in a corner at the moment sporting a rather dashing space saver so i'm holding off on pictures for the minute. I'm also working 8 nightshifts now so won't be getting stuck in until a couple of weeks time.

I'm in Ashford. I'm well into my old VW's and also have a boat so i've got plenty to keep me busy. The MX-5 won't be a complete passion of mine but i've always wanted to have a 'proper' drivers car so it'll be something i can tinker with as and when but ultimately just to enjoy driving.

I'd like to go to some meets in the summer though and meet other MX-5 owners to get some ideas and check out some nice cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.