Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Been lurking over the past few weeks on here, it seems a lively place and quite different to the OC (membership of that lapsed a good few years ago though). Getting to the point I am going to look at a '95 S-Special II if the price is right but assuming the car is as described -which is ZERO rust but could use a new roof and tyres/cambelt, what ballpark figure should I expect to pay. I know condition is paramount at the end of the day but there seems to be so much variance in price out there that it's making my head buzz a bit.

Also, what is the spec of this model. Do they have Torsen diffs as standard?

Any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Tyres if it is on 15s factor in about 180ish, cambelt and water pump about 300ish and roof a further 300ish. Bargaining points or costs to take into consideration for a "real" cost of the car.

9,290 Posts
Yes, s special 2 did come with a torsen lsd I believe.

If the car is totally rustfree then you could be onto a winner.

Although I sometimes vary from it if the right car comes along I tend to stick to fairly recent imports as its a safe bet that body wise they will be in better condition.

Cheers

James.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.