Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had a new hood fitted to my Roadster....

I also fitted some black Lexus lights to the rear (thanks Fabian) which I know aren't to everybodies taste, but I think they go well with the back hood.

The hood was done at Car Hoods Direct down in Tunbridge wells and cost me ?425 including fitting, and I am well cuffed with it.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thought of orange mohair did cross my mind, but I'm happy I got the black hood.

·
The only " Dave in the village"
4,339 Posts
Looking great Lance
, did you get that problem with the rear window sorted out ?

9,290 Posts
Looks great. A decent hood makes a big difference.

Meant to mention it the other week. I think it was you. I saw you I think coming south bound on the A2 at Bexley Heath while I was on my way to Eltham a couple of weeks ago one day during the week.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great. A decent hood makes a big difference.

Meant to mention it the other week. I think it was you. I saw you I think coming south bound on the A2 at Bexley Heath while I was on my way to Eltham a couple of weeks ago one day during the week.
More than likely, I work at Lee train station and often travel down the A2, Were you in a 5?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking great Lance
, did you get that problem with the rear window sorted out ?
No it still requires a little persuasion to fold flat, but it's easy enough.

·
Miata GT25
325 Posts
That looks the nutz (pardon the pun) - Mum and Dad looking to get me a shiny new roof for bday and T.Wells ain't far - based on your experience, I think we'll give them a call.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Looks awesome mate, nice one

I think an orange mohair roof (even if was possible?) would look too OTT anyway, so good call with the black IMHO.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
does that mean there is a retro hood knocking about or was it beyond salvage....

new one looks great and the wheels really suit it
Sorry Gareth, but he cut the hood off the frame before I had a chance to tell him I wanted to salvage it. He fitted the hood whilst the frame was still on the car.
Certainly fits well though.

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
Looks really good Lance, the contrast between black and that orange works great!

I normally hate after market rear lights. I think the originals are a brilliant design.
However - that is one for the first times ill agree they work beautifully with the look of the car. Nice Job

Jonathan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.