Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

New Frends

3K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  Shell 
G
#1 ·
who have you met

who are your new standout buddies

me

dinky toy :for putting up with my waffle all night and superb hugs, what a fantastic lady

jaydee i think i am on your wavelength

wooper dooper for the enthusiasm

(everyone else i already know i think)

pjb for being a top fellah

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
eeh gads loads!

I spent ages yacking to JayDee on Friday night, by the firepit

Spoke to Malc quite a bit - very funny guy

And I had a long conversation with Jonathan on Saturday, thanks for that mate you're a sound lad

Met PJB for the first time, BMonki, and numerous others...

And of course all my old friends, some of whom I haven't seen for AGES.

Ooh loads, just a shame that I didn't get to meet *everyone* this weekend. There were so many people

Daz

#4 ·
Funny I was thinking about this earlier. Updated my friends book (hadnt included anyone before). I didnt know they would be notified though. Feel a bit Gay now!

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Made loads of new mates, All of the North West people (Some of who I've met before) are just a great bunch.

Managed to speak to quite a few people but on the evenings I usually ended up hanging out with the North West lot and having a total riot of a time, we must have been one of the loudest groups at JAE especially with Damien's n AL's laughing attack, Ben was a diamond, sorry for nearly tipping you over on the Sunday afternoon mate, haha!

Really nice to finally catch up with Colin & Gail I've been wanting to do that for a while now

Oh and lets not mention Malc, your a star mate!

Martin from the far far northern lands, took me right back to my childhood with your phrases mate

Jay was a star as was Lee / Dave / Mark / Juzzy / B / Clare / Ryan the list just goes on.

I suppose Matt / Linda should be on the list someplace as well

I've missed loads of people off, I met so many people remembering everyone is just a PITA, so all in all loads of new faces and friends

Mark

#6 ·
"Martin from the far far northern lands, took me right back to my childhood with your phrases mate"

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr shuks lol

It was nice to talk to people about the places where i live near same with Mark (Rokerman), most don't know where i actually come from, but i'm aright with it if people think i'm a geordie

Met so many great new people this weekend, from North and South and if i was going to name names i do believe that i would have to list every single person that was there that weekend lol

#8 ·
I can't remember everyone I spoke too so here are a few....

Malc for making me giggle at his drunken antics
Clare for being a star
Matt and Linda for welcoming us on arrival, oh and Andyburg and Martin!
Johng, Jemma-lee, Ben and Doodleboink for good chats round the fire pit

and lots of others

#9 ·
my god sooo many of you lot, especially the northwest possie!
but I think there were alot of people I didn't manage get around to speaking to,

One thing I really enjoyed was speaking to the people you've spoke to many time before on the forum and never actually spoke to them in the flesh

#10 ·
I would find it very difficult to name anyone I was particularly pleased to meet for the first time or see again, for fear of leaving someone out and because theres not one person I could really say I didnt like meeting.

Was definately nice to see some of the southern lot who I hadnt met since last JAE, (DC, NZ, juzzy and Giryan jump to mind here) considering I had only ever met them the once before and it was a yr previously it still felt a bit like seeing old friends again, which was nice.

and of course it was lovely to spend some time with people I already know or have met before.

Roadsterchinks made me laugh - hadnt worked out who he was, and this chap just turned round and said "hey clare want some of my falafel?"

#14 ·
There was soo many new people that i met, and chatted to, i have met loads of really top people.

I felt like i got to know all the north west lot, a whole lot better, even though i see them every month!

Ben is a top guy, had some good times with him, and he was so kind helping me put my tent up and down.

John g - well what i sweetie, was really nice to talk to and would do any thing for anyone!

DC - Well what a shocker, i never knew he was so nice, he is completely different in real life as to how he is on here! he actually gets embarressed!

Juzzy - anohter really nice guy, thanks for keeping me fed!

cleo, caroline, clare, helen, linda, jaydee, gail and all the rest of the ladies, - a realy nice bunch, who i had lots of girlie chats with.

Miles - Really nice, and he has opened my eyes about the country side and the rules of the country. I am going to come and pay you a visit to your cottage one day!

Malc- For just being malc, and making me laugh!

there are so many other people who i had chats with, but i just cant think.

every single person was really nice though, and i cant wait to meet you all again next year if not before.

#19 ·
Maybe because i dont remember, i think maybe i had, had a few too many drinks by then. But i will apologise now, and you can be my friend to haha !
I dont get to hear you accent on here its not fair !
you made me laugh on Saturday night walking around with that bottle of vodka in your pocket!
saying that I think everything made me laugh on Saturday night!

#24 ·
oo this is a hard one, but if i had to pick here goes...

Ryan was lovely, and i thought the trousers were ace!

DOODLES!!!!! finally met him!

Ben! thanks for the advice hun

Clivey and his ginger wheels!

Jemma, i didnt get to talk to u much but you seem lovely

Linda! your fab!

Martin...
, andy, Daz, etc etc etc

and was nice to see Lee and Matt again, and Johng and DC...

ah stuff it, you're all bloody ace! don't dislike a single one of ya!

cause u sound like ant and dec (pj and duncan as i like to refer to them)

#22 ·
Omg i look terrible, please take it down

Do you know i wasnt even drunk when i fell in that puddal, it was my stupid wellies getting stuck in a ditch! I made a not eto myself that i need to carry a torch at all times!

Did you say andy called me a runt? Now thats not very nice is it!

#25 ·
I met so mamy people I'd not met before, and as B sayes, there wasn't anyone I didn't like

If I have to name names......it was especially good to finally meet Mr JDM Passion himself
. ( How you doing, Colin??!!!?).
Also a fellow coldsider, Roadsterchinse(sp
).

My abiding memory of my time at JAE is of a great bunch of mates having a great time

#26 ·
great to meet all teh new peeps, sorry i didn't get much time to chat, but mike, martin, alex, al, andy, all seem like a really good laugh (and the pj and duncan accent is great!
). jaydee is exactly like i imagined her to be
and jemma-lee is great - very funny and generally very lovely, and possibly with an even better accent than martin!
also tash is pretty nice!

and it also reminded me what a good bunch of nutzers we have - don't think i've seen guys like ben, craig, packers etc since the last JAE but you're all top bananas

#27 ·
"new standout buddies", eh? What a difficult question to answer.....

My first reaction was......I have never met so many "nice" people all in one go...ever. Not one single person rattled my cage or made me feel radgy at any time throughout the whole weekend.

In fact, quite the opposite....everyone was a pleasure to meet.....from that mental Craigo crew, to the english speaking Welsh baird, Ben, to the alter ego that is DC, to the stunningness of JohnG and Nicki Zero and Roadsterchinsk and Rokerman (and more), to the paternal Colink, to the friendliest laydees that any female could ever hope to meet, to the orangeness that is Ryan, to the voice of Sausages
, to the kindness that is the gentle giant, Jay ........ and to many many more Nutzers who quietly went about the business of being the best bunch of folk I can ever remember meeting

It's nearly impossible to pick out "outstanding buddies" but.................

Linda...........for being the first Nutzer I met and for staying a superbly wonderful person all the way through the weekend

Matt............for proving to me that he is a top quality bloke, despite a dodgy start on t'internet (enormous respect for you
)

Daz..........simply for being a quiet, gentle, caring, generous and genuine bloke

and if I haven't named names.........I'll do another thread, cos I could go on for ages

#28 ·
Baird Grylls?

#30 ·
How so? Was I talking in iambicpentameter again? Soz!

But really how so......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.