Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, sorry - re-post as previous was in wrong forum:(

In a bit of a hole here, any recommendations would be appreciated

Ive got a 2010 NC with heated leather height adjustable seats, I'm 193cm tall & the seat wasn't sitting low enough when i got it so I took it out & installed some lowering brackets & it sits perfectly now,

However... Something messed up with the rail & I cannot slide the seat forward, its almost as if its getting stuck on something, I'd take the seat out to take a look at the rails but how the hell am I supposed to get to the back two bolts? Im really stuck on this one lmao

I've got an MOT test coming up on 7th december & itll fail if I dont sort out the seat, I can't really afford to buy a new seat and rip this one out,

Can anybody help me out here please?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Not specific to NC as never had 1 but every seat ive had out. Pull lever acts on a ratcheted slide. The side the lever is attached to is direct and sprung return. The other side is usually attached by a rod or cables. Sounds like summit jammed or interference.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,407 Posts
Likely the mechanism is jamming on the new rails. I had similar with an NB, I had to significantly modify the rails to clear the mechanism

1 - 3 of 3 Posts