Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentally bought myself a pair of Focal component speakers yesterday and found a very helpful thread on Talk Audio on how to fit them, but does anyone have a picture (or a link to a thread) showing the stock location of the tweeters in the door panel so I can put mine there?

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I wonder if they put them further back for a reason?

Daz_2 - is that cupholder available as a retrofit? I have the ashtray that is no use to me at all, but somewhere to put stuff would be handy....

Any tips on taking the door cards off? Carefully would be a good start

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
The cup holders you can get anywhere, just have a search on ebay.

Taking the door cards off are piss easy....

1. Unsrew all your door furniture
  2. If you have the normal speaker covers then pull these off (held on by poppers)
  3. Then gently pull around the edge of the door card which is also held on with poppers. I always start in the corner at the bottom.
  4. Once unpopped, lift up and hey presto.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Cupholders came in the car, nice idea but don't half get in the bloody way of changing gear!

I wanna swap it for an ashtray as that's more use to me!

Cupholder is good for when parked or stationary or motorway/cruising use, for town driving you are going to knock your coffee into your lap!

Daz

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cupholders came in the car, nice idea but don't half get in the bloody way of changing gear!

Cupholder is good for when parked or stationary or motorway/cruising use, for town driving you are going to knock your coffee into your lap!

Daz
Same place as my work car and I do keep spilling things!

Still, more us to me than an ashtray, fancy a swap?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts

Daz
Same place as my work car and I do keep spilling things!

Still, more us to me than an ashtray, fancy a swap?
[/quote]

Yeah sure i'll swap them for your ashtray!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Next question (and I know this will have been asked a few times) - which cable is positive? I have a red/white and red/green with no other markings on either the car or old speaker.... any help would be great as the car is in bits!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I got them in and working, but couldn't find my hole cutter anywhere, so the tweeters are on with blu-tak and the door cards are in the shed! I still went for a spin though and they sound superb, 70mph on some back roads and still perfectly clear. The drive was pretty great too.

Mind you, when I put the old speakers next to the new bass driver, I wasn't sure I did the right thing. What do you all think?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts