Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, like many, the bushes on the rear left hand hub on my 48k mile ND are beginning to creak. Mazda are not willing to help out with a donation towards replacing the hubs hence I'm considering replacing the duff joints with Polybush 27AL units. Has anyone else had done this and how easy a job it was? Thanks in advance.

· Torque Setting - Up to shear & back a flap!
2018 MX-5 SE - L Nav +2.0L 184 BHP
1,088 Posts
So, like many, the bushes on the rear left hand hub on my 48k mile ND are beginning to creak. Mazda are not willing to help out with a donation towards replacing the hubs hence I'm considering replacing the duff joints with Polybush 27AL units. Has anyone else had done this and how easy a job it was? Thanks in advance.
I would be interested in this too as y warranty is about to expire, recon Mazda should do a redesign retrofit and recall. The three r’s campaign starts here! RRR! My three year old only has 6000miles on it so should be a while, thoughI do do the odd trackday here and there😬

Try here

· Registered
1 Posts
I would be interested in this too as y warranty is about to expire, recon Mazda should do a redesign retrofit and recall. The three r’s campaign starts here! RRR! My three year old only has 6000miles on it so should be a while, thoughI do do the odd trackday here and there😬

Try here
Had this issue with my 2016 ND with 21k milage. MOT in Jan 2021 found the rear hub bush on drivers side was wearing with movement. I had advised my dealer before of noise including creaking but they said could not find a problem. Anyway, didn't want to pay the £1500 at the dealer to replace hubs. My MOT centre (not the dealer) did a search for replacement bushes which were not available then. Long story short, my son found the 4 pack of polybush bushes had become available on MX5 parts for around £180. Checked with my garage (not dealer as useless) and they said yes they were the right ones. Booked in (Nov 2021) and they replaced the initial bush and also the one on the passenger side as also beginning to wear. They improvised with a Vauxhall Vectra bush tool and got them out and said it was surprisingly quick once they found a way to do it. The cost to me for 2 bush replacements was £117.00 for the labour. They checked all the others at the same time and only the 2 needed doing. So now have 2 spares. I am going to get on to Mazda UK to complain as it really is a known fault now and see if I can get some of my costs back.

1,088 Posts
Thanks a lot, now discovered potential issue with AC return pipe cracking at flange. Connector Pipe - Mazda (NA6W-61-466B)

Original is 12mm Diameter replacement is 16mm. TSB issued but if you aren’t in warranty you have to pay, you can find the TSB on Miata.net

1,088 Posts
Thanks a lot, now discovered potential issue with AC return pipe cracking at flange. Connector Pipe - Mazda (NA6W-61-466B)

Original is 12mm Diameter replacement is 16mm. TSB issued but if you aren’t in warranty you have to pay, you can find the TSB on Miata.net
Product Font Gas Auto part Screenshot

After that off topic intrusion,there is a guy on Facebook who makes a replacement,spherical bearing on a page callMX5 ND Owners,prices are quite reasonable too cant remember the exact cost but. If you join the page you can contact him, Andy Leslie and ask if he can sort you out. If you scroll up and down the page you should be able to find plenty of references to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts