Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Isn't the engine in a Mk3 basically what would be known in the UK as a Ford Duratec? There's plenty of stuff for that engine Cosworth do some really nice kit There was a Cosworth supercharger conversion at the MX5 rally at Prescott late last year Unless its very different, and I don't think it is, why change?

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isn't the engine in a Mk3 basically what would be known in the UK as a Ford Duratec? There's plenty of stuff for that engine Cosworth do some really nice kit There was a Cosworth supercharger conversion at the MX5 rally at Prescott late last year Unless its very different, and I don't think it is, why change?
Yes it is...........
I have had/got a cosworth charger on the shelf...........done that!!!

·
少し ロバ
1,990 Posts
Not sure on the feasibility due to the length of a I6, but I for one would love to see a BMW S5432B from an e46 M3 in any mk of 5.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
The MK3 engine / Duratec is a superb engine, as Bigandy has said why not keep it?.

Cosworth do a huge amount of N/A tuning parts, why not do a monster N/A build. Over 300bhp is pretty simple to achieve using mostly Cosworth parts, would be awesome to see this done in an MX5.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The MK3 engine / Duratec is a superb engine, as Bigandy has said why not keep it?.

Cosworth do a huge amount of N/A tuning parts, why not do a monster N/A build. Over 300bhp is pretty simple to achieve using mostly Cosworth parts, would be awesome to see this done in an MX5.
This is an option but also looking for other ideas.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.