Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, after getting a bit too into a little game myself & a friend enjoy playing, I now have a very tastefully modded front reg plate, and need to decide the best solution.

The plastic plinth thing has snapped a bit and come dislodged. I assume this is the original mount. It is held in place with two screws with flared clips to go through a pair of holes on the bumper. The right hand side one has come off but doesn't seem to be broken. I cannot for love nor money get it to push back through the hole. The plate itself is fine, and is mounted direct to the plinth, not the car.

Is the plinth really necessary, as they cost ?20 on MX5parts, and I'm wondering if it'd be cheaper and easier to get some of those adhesive pads and mount the plate direct to the car?

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
808 Posts
Plate not necassery,
alot of people on here have an offset plate using a bracket.
I've now got one of those, but originaly my plate was directly screwed into the same place as yours, but with no backing/surround.

·
Mechanically Confused
2,142 Posts
I took the plinth off and just have the plate screwed direct to the bumper...looks better I reckon

There were holes already in my bumper but if there are none in yours you could probably drill some guide holes and use self-tappers?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the obvious......

Sort your wonky headlight lid out!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the obvious......

Sort your wonky headlight lid out!
that was the first thing I noticed but was on my phone at the time, so couldn't be bothered to type it out!

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
this flared clip. You took the screw out of it before trying to get it back through the hole right?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
leave it like it is with the gaffer tape ala drifting god sheik

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the wonky light! And the wonky bumper. And the panel that looks like it was painted with a brillo pad in a lighter shade of pink :)

Hmmm, maybe I had better have another go at refitting it as it is, as it does appear intact, and I was just trying to force it through (difficult with not only the plate still attached but with the squidgy plastic bumper).

The plinth is still broken in several places even if I can get it back on, but gaffer tape can fix that :p

Rob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.