Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all, thought it about time to post a picture of my Eunos, a 1994 S special. Bought it in January this year after a long period of lusting after a soft top, I had owned a Peugeot 306 Cabriogay before which was the worst car I have ever owned or had the displeasure of dragging through an MOT but when the top was down, it all made sense! I set myself a rule that the next soft top had to be purpose built as such, not a saloon conversion like the peugeot.

I was torn between the MGF and the Mazda, as on paper they are pretty similar but after taking an MGF out on a long test drive and performing some service operations on one, it was pretty clear that the mazda was in a different league!

Now I know this picture is pretty rubbish but it shows the crap bonnet/light fit very well, does any one have any advice how to tackle this? I have had a brief go at it by manhandling the bonnet but got nowhere fast, anyone had similar problems they found a solution to?

I'll post up some more shots soon, it is a constant work in progress at the minute, I have been somewhat coerced into taking this car on a three week long trip around Europe this summer so I am ironing out any troubles now, rather than finding them 1000 miles away from home!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nice car

If your on about the gap between the headlight lid and the bonnet then it's solved by taking the plastic surround off the light, then you'll fond four screws holding the top cover on, these can be loosened, the top adjusted, then re-tightened.

Hope that helps.

Joshua.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good day all.

The weather was spot on today! So much so that the Mrs. and I decided this weekend can be a holiday testing weekend! We are going on a trip around Europe for three weeks in July in this Mazda and so far have been totally disorganised and very slow to act about the whole thing. Something about the sun being out has kicked us up the arse somewhat and we have so far this weekend, decided on a rough idea for what route we will be taking and we have bought our tent, which we slept in and tested last night, bloody freezing cold but very good!

Decided we would take the Mazda on a nice run today, make sure its comfy for the sort of mileage we reckon we'll need to cover daily based on our rough route. The Mazda didn't miss a beat, this is definitely one of my better vehicle purchases, picked it up in January with a long MOT for ?1000, I have been keeping a close eye on what I spend on it and its stands at nearly ?1500 so far!! Eek! A new roof was a fair old chunk of that though! Anyway, went to Wales for the day, Aberaeron to be precise, looks like the place that inspired Balamory. A nice day out and some of the roads that take you through the rolling Welsh hills are simply stunning!

Feast!

Polishing up the rims is on my to do list!

I had to replace the dials as the speedo face was a cheapo one and had warped out of shape, the least lairy looking replacements I could find were the silver lockwood ones seen here, I am pretty happy with them. The stereo was a good deal! A friend of mine worked at Halfords and managed to get a special deal on it as it was ex-display, apparently it was about ?800, not to me! It seems to do the lot, hands free, European sat nav, DVD player.

The gearknob seen is not a permanent feature! Will be replaced with something a lot less wood based when funds allow.

Hope the weather stays good for Sunday!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts