Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after selling my BBR in December to start saving for a house, boredom has washed over me and Ive been looking for a 5 local ish to buy for a while. I found this at the end of last week which looked like a good un so went to see it today, and drove home with it! Doubt my ownership will last too long as soon as house proceedings start it will be back up for sale, but in the meantime im gonna do a little bit of work to it and enjoy top down driving

Can anyone deduce the actual model of it? The spec is as follows:

1996 BRG Eunos
53,000 miles
Green soft top
Alarm
Imobiliser
Remote central locking
Has S-special mats?
Black leather seats with speakers (lovely!)
Nardi aftermarket wheel
Maxim Works exhaust manifold
Engine strut brace
Metal roadster kick plates
Metal teardrop speaker surrounds
Torsen II i think, definately has a LSD (!)

As I said theres a few little jobs to do on it, but its a pretty mint example with not a jot of rust anywhere on it as its been owned by the same woman for 9 years since it was imported in 2001, and garaged since only covering 13k in that time! Any, pics:

·
Registered
311 Posts
yeah looks like a VR Limited combination B, has all the same bits as my comination A, strangly enough your manifold looks the same as mine too (must just be coincedence (sp?))

looks nice too

·
was b0builder
6,502 Posts
you didnt get it from near lancaster did you ?

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
yeah a comb A - can tell straight away from the seat and the colour green is not the same as the BRG everyone else has. The BRG on all the others is a solid colour and not metallic or laqured.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah a comb A - can tell straight away from the seat and the colour green is not the same as the BRG everyone else has. The BRG on all the others is a solid colour and not metallic or laqured.
Yeah the paint is nice, as you say its BRG but metallic. I also have the matching Hardtop

No not Lancaster, Liverpool

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
Cool car!

As stated, the paint should look awesome like Richy's VRLtd (very metallic when washed
) The normal BRG is just solid.

The seats look very nice too!

·
Premium Member
19,520 Posts
It's a combination 'B' the 'A' was Maroon/burgendy coloured with cream seats.

Same as mine, if you need a spare green soft-top let me know
Also it's got the original VR alloys which are rare-ish. I like the look of em personally, Steering wheel has been changed though, as has the centreconsole (should have an alloy surround)

Enjoy the TorSen etc

P.S. why is there a spring clip in the middle of one of the heater hoses?

9,290 Posts
Nice purchase. Saw this for sale and it seemed a good price. Enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.