Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by the other threads recently with MX5 videos & after a recent splurge on a gadget, I found myself with a GoPro HD Motorsport Hero video camera.

I was using my Panasonic GF1 & SuperClamp but it is heavy, cumbersome and has limited choices for mounting in the MX5.

The GoPro Motorsport kit comprises a suction cup, various self-adhesive mounts and a waterproof/shockproof housing for the camera.

Pretty impressive 1080p Full HD with a wide angle lens.

Here's my 1st go at editing clips to music, and the 1st video with the GoPro HD Hero

Any suggestions for some other interesting places to mount it

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
Fantastic.

Had been thinking about buying the HD for a while as i've had the standard GoPro for a couple of years and the after sales service has been fantastic.
After seeing that though i'll get one ordered up.

Why is the vid only in 720 though, what's moving objects like at 1080 with the slower date rate?

Only suggestion i can offer is leave the music off the next one.
But then i'm on a mission on folks that put shitty music over car vids

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fantastic.

Had been thinking about buying the HD for a while as i've had the standard GoPro for a couple of years and the after sales service has been fantastic.
After seeing that though i'll get one ordered up.

Why is the vid only in 720 though, what's moving objects like at 1080 with the slower date rate?

Only suggestion i can offer is leave the music off the next one.
But then i'm on a mission on folks that put shitty music over car vids

Cheers
Mark
Thanks Gixer, I am sooo impressed with the whole GoPro package.

This was filmed at 720p 30FPS, it also does 720p 60FPS for smooth slo-mo stuff.
I haven't tried it at 1080p 30FPS yet as I don't have a big enough SD card - got one in the post as we speak!

Well worth the money IMHO

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
Nice one.

You snapped any pics with it yet?

Just for anyone else thinking of buying one of these i bought my standard GoPro from actioncameras.co.uk.
Over a year after i bought it i dropped it and snapped the clasp.

Sent actioncameras an email asking if they can get replacements, the following day i got a package with 2 clasps in it.

They'd sent out replacement clasps on next day postage completely free of charge even though it was admittedly my fault.

About 3 weeks later me Bro-in-laws ATC5K LCD screen started playing up, again i sent an email, asking if there was a reset or anything i could do to sort it.
They said send the camera back and they'll exchange it, problem was though we were leaving for hols in 2 weeks times and it usually takes 1 week to get a parcel to the UK and 1 week back again

AGAIN they sent out a brand new replacement camera on next day courier service.

They're about ?20 more expensive than the cheapest Ebay ones i've seen, but if you buy one i can't recommend actioncameras highly enough, absolutely fantastic after sales service.

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks great! I'm hoping to get a GoPro pretty soon, I've got a Kodak Zi8 at the minute which is a fantastic little camera for the money (Brilliant quality in good light) but it just cant match the GoPro for stability when its mounted to the car. have you tried it in poor light yet? I'm interested to see how they perform.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great! I'm hoping to get a GoPro pretty soon, I've got a Kodak Zi8 at the minute which is a fantastic little camera for the money (Brilliant quality in good light) but it just cant match the GoPro for stability when its mounted to the car. have you tried it in poor light yet? I'm interested to see how they perform.
Cheers, not tried it in lowlight yet but am intending to do so over the next few evenings.
I am also going to use the timelapse feature, where it takes a still shot every xx seconds.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Timelapse always looks good!! Easy way to make a cool looking vid. I'll be checking back to see this low light vid, sure it will be good since it seems to cope with everything else very well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.