Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Iam, WAS building a kitcar !!

Iam looking at buying a mk1 , mainly to do track days and see how I get on with it, aim looking at buying 1 with a cage already done. I have not got time to build anything.
I had a very good discussion with Rodders ! Whom seem to help

I live about 15 mins away from Cadwell park. About 30mins from Blyton !

Is there any body local I could visit to learn a bit about about any raceing/track days. Etc etc.

Sean.

Ps. Ian looking forward to joining this Motorsport family. I was invold for a number of years with my brother in law in the Superkarting world. To much mechanic time and far to much money needed.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
hi there Sean

welcome to Nutz -great place - great people and tons of helpful advice

Sounds like you need to Pop your Cherry - being a virgin and all

I had never driven an mx5 until last year - in fact i decided to just not waste any time and buy a fully built car to MSA spec with cage and fire extinguisher and everything done -

at this stage i had not driven it or an mx5 even - I know I am a numpty - but based on what people said about these cars - i could not lose -

I did not lose - that car was spot on - I took it down to Rodders and he gave it the once over - in fact he adopted us and we now provide him with Chuckle entertainment.

He looks after our car - through out the season and at meets -

SteveC is trying to get a trackday diary running - see here
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=110853&st=0

a few of us with race prep cars will be on the Donington day in Feb - come and join us for the day - the race cars always have passenger seats and we always have a passenger in.

Anyways - Nutzers know my story - did one track day in our orange one - then raced with Max5 and Rodders crew - loved it.

Now building a second mk1 - using our bought one as the template - tons easier than starting from scratch.

I am over in Sheffield/Barnsley - you are more than welcome to pop over for a cuppa - i will bore you silly -

if you come over this way - Rodders has just built a mk1 - raced the socks off it at Mallory, take a look at that too.

private message me and we can tie up

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Just 15mins from Cadwell, wow - lucky you!

I'd say this very forum is a very good place to start learning tbh. Keep an eye on this section to see what trackdays people are going to, then just turn up and come over. Everyone I've met over the years has been very welcoming so I've no doubt they will be just the same towards you

I don't know of anyone off hand close to you tbh, I'm another one near Sheffield/Leeds like Chris above. But it sounds like you've already spoke to the man we all ask for advice anyway

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hi, I am 15 mins from Donington
& 50 mins from MX5 guru Rodders.

Get yourself booked onto an event that others are doing when you get a car or just come long & grab some laps & see if you like it.

Beware it's bloody addictive

Think you have already spoken to my 'spanner man' so I would go with him, wins enough races

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi

thanks for your response, sorry for the delay i dont normally do a lot of threads etc.

i will keep you posted with my plans as and when the kit car goes.
still a shame that there is nobody a little closer to such a briliant race circuit.

any body no any body thats wants a well part built kit car then send them to me. ile leave a drink in it for you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.