1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening gents,

I'm considering getting a new exhaust as a) mine is looking a little tired and
I quite fancy a bit more noise!

Have heard good things about the MX5 parts exhaust but apparently it can be a bit of a lottery whether it sounds extremely "chavvy" or on the other extreme quite deep and subdued aside from at very high revs.

Figure that for £200 I would always be able to take it off and sell it on for not too much of a loss if I didn't like it, but has anyone had experience of fitting this to their 1.6 MK2?
FWIW I'm probably going to look at going down the FI route in 6months or so. Just have to decide if I can live with the colour of my car, or sell it in the summer and buy something a bit less 'challenging'

Plus, if anyone sees me around (Birmingham), gimme a wave!

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
22,155 Posts
Noise issues are with the MK1 version, the MK2 sounds nice, but not that loud and is very well made.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think that colour is superb! my 1.6 mk2 has a 'custom' bodged system with sleeved stainless centre box ( a hangover from my TVR owning days) and stainless jap can rear box, you can hear the thing from well over a mile away on a quiet day, so I'm not one to talk about quiet zorsts...

I'd go for it, like you say it'll be worth about what you'd pay for it if you dont like it, mine sounded to boomy, which is why i sleeved the center box, to get more high end 'rasp' but still keep the MOT man happy, as it still appears to have two exhaust boxes in 'roughly' factory locations...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.