Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They list two different seals, one for about £10 (89 to 93) and one for about £20 (93 to 05).

Ive potentially got a LSD with a leaking seal. I think it was removed from a 93 model. Which seals do I go for?

· Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,617 Posts
The changeover in '93 will be a reference to the change from 1.6 to 1.8. The original 1.6 diffs were smaller than the 1.8 version, which presumably explains why the seal changed.

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I presume as its a Torsen off a 1.8 I would need the hopefully cheaper part?

· Super Moderator
10,141 Posts
So I presume as its a Torsen off a 1.8 I would need the hopefully cheaper part?
Unless £20 is hopefully cheaper than £10, I can't see how you'd come to that conclusion.

Does it have a rubber damper behind the pinion flange? If so it's a 1.8 and needs the later, more expensive seal. (if it doesn't have a rubber damper, it could either be a 1.6 diff or a 1.8 from an auto, but in that case, it won't be a torsen)

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops, got confused. So will need the more exspensive seals?

· Registered
701 Posts
I just bought x2 new OEM mazda diff seals from auto link on eBay for £35 suitable for my Torsen. Also got Titan race gear LSD oil to change the oil with and some super pro diff void fillers from p5 performance. Can't wait to do the swap now.

· Registered
2,731 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.