Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
One of the best things about a hardtop is the better visability from the wrap around window (that this don't have)

9,290 Posts
They are alot lighter. Easy one man lift to get on and off the car. This one on eBay is missing the exterior catches.

9,290 Posts
No mate, still got it.

I guess this may go cheap as not to everyones taste.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Boy, that thing is all kinds of ugly!!

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Not a fan of the look on a standard MX5 as it looks too square with the MX5's curved lines. I think it suits the Pitcrew better as it helps take it away from the standard look though. In fact, it is quite reminiscent of this one fitted to a Honda s800, maybe it was inspired by it:

9,290 Posts
When I got my one resprayed the chap at the bodyshop sealed in the rear window and still kept the allen bolts in place as without them a high pressure washer could get water through.

For sure it is quirky JDM but the link from Andy (cheers mate) is very similar and wouldnt be surprised as mentioned thats what its based on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ive been to see it nice i like it and he showed me its never had rear catches and locked onto my 92 like a glove and i think there are no visibility problems id buy it and think its worth at least same as normal one , so it all boils down to iff you like it or not just wish it was same colour as mine

1 - 20 of 22 Posts