Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys new to this, I brought myself a mx5 angels edition 1.8. I found out only 500 were made how do I find out what number it is out of the 500? And also are these becoming collectibles? Thanks

·
Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
420 Posts
It's a bit of a funny one in my opinion. It was made to commemorate a (objectively bad) film that doesn't even really have much of a cult following anymore.

On the base of it though, it's a 1.8 MX-5 with a spoiler, with black leather seats.
Those are the two desirable bits that are on the car.

Unfortunately I wouldn't say the car is collectible or demands any higher price than any other 1.8 MX-5. There was a similar MX-5 branded for Jasper Conran with almost the same spec. Mazda had a bit of a habit of making "500" special edition cars and they sold, they really did.

There is no numbered plate to identify which one you had.

The desirable mk2 MX-5s would be the RS-Ltd, as it had a 6 speed gearbox, lightened flywheel, Torsen LSD and a bay strut brace or the mk2.5 SVT most of which had a big body kit, 6 speed gearbox and Torsen LSD, along with a VVT equipped 1.8 engine.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum, at the end of the day enjoy the car they are great fun, don't get too hung up on the specifics of them as they are basically made of lego and you can just make it your own :)

Sleeve Gesture Font Knee Screenshot

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Tire Car

1 - 2 of 2 Posts