Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,052 Posts
they're crap. build quality is poor, reliability is questionable. one of the worst things halfords ever made me sell, along with sendai and ripspeed branded audio.

the speakers are pretty gash too.
tom

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they're crap. build quality is poor, reliability is questionable. one of the worst things halfords ever made me sell, along with sendai and ripspeed branded audio.

tom
Thanks, fair enough, I'll steer clear. Perhaps you could recommend me something else? I'm after something that will do bluetooth (for my phone) and that has usb on the front face, plays CD's (plus mp3, cd-r/rw), possibly with an SD slot (though that's not too important). Any ideas?

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
I would only ever buy pioneer or alpine. If I wanted budget theres some decent jvc out and kenwood. But if your really into car audio go with alpine or pioneer.

·
Randomer
8,007 Posts
tbh the headunits do look pretty pump, I've used the Mutant amps though and they seem to be "ok".

As said above, Pioneer or Alpine are the best HU's to go for.

·
Super Moderator
10,052 Posts

tom
Thanks, fair enough, I'll steer clear. Perhaps you could recommend me something else? I'm after something that will do bluetooth (for my phone) and that has usb on the front face, plays CD's (plus mp3, cd-r/rw), possibly with an SD slot (though that's not too important). Any ideas?
[/quote]
not a clue. i left about 3 years ago and haven't looked back since. as with most things you do for a job, it soon kills any interest you had in it as a hobby.

as has been said though, alpine will always be good, and reliable. the sony mp40 i got cheap from work lasted 4 years but in the end, the flipdown front died...not sure they still do flip down fronts do they? at one time, everything had em.

my pioneer double din in my 5 must be donkeys years old but it still works, sounds good and hasn't worn significantly. that's my main issue with cheap headunits..the plastics are shite!
i can't get minidiscs to play in it but that could be my minidiscs.....
tom

·
Landwomble
920 Posts
Thanks for the info guys
. That's given me some ideas on what to go looking for.
the alpine CDE-103BT is a great head unit for ipod/iphone control etc. bit more expensive than some but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys
. That's given me some ideas on what to go looking for.
the alpine CDE-103BT is a great head unit for ipod/iphone control etc. bit more expensive than some but you get what you pay for.
[/quote]

Yeah the alpines seem to be highly rated, I'll have to see if the budget will stretch that far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts