Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Good, I went with the ms ini and crossed fingers.

I upgraded, and while it seems to hold a constant afr better at cruise, was lean everywhere while accelerating! Stuffed more fuel in and it's better.
Have you upgraded, did you need to tune fuel again?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Actually it's made a big difference.

Had a bit more time to drive and autotune:
1) I found autotune would get create hills and valleys that it wouldn't flatten. Cells with gaps of 10 between them etc. Had to flatten it out by hand before. Seems better now, creates smoother map. Not sure if that's a second degree symptom.

2)I found that at mid range cruise with steady throttle I'd get stoich to rich oscillation with a frequency of several seconds that I couldn't tune out. I'd put it down to not knowing enough, but it seems to have gone entirely.

3) Cold start is much better, but warm start seems slightly worse.

Good improvement.

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
600cc injectors?

Is it possible that I could have a code issue on my MS-1? I have similar issues to those described above where a cell or close region of cells can produce a huge swing in AFRs from 16:1 to 12:1 with pretty much zero change in throttle position. Cell values are pretty much the same.

I'll post on the MSExtra site if needs be.

·
Premium Member
19,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unlikely mate, the MS1 code is quite a few final releases in and development has pretty much stopped on it.

The Sequential bug meant more than one injection pluse could happen on an injector in 1 engine cycle, something that should never happen, with batch injection it's less of an issue, but if you got an erroneous pulse it'd certainly make a rich period.

I'd definately ask on the MSExtra forums, it's not an AE event is it?

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
Unlikely mate, the MS1 code is quite a few final releases in and development has pretty much stopped on it.

The Sequential bug meant more than one injection pluse could happen on an injector in 1 engine cycle, something that should never happen, with batch injection it's less of an issue, but if you got an erroneous pulse it'd certainly make a rich period.

I'd definately ask on the MSExtra forums, it's not an AE event is it?
Nah it's not AE kicking in. I'll post up soon if I can catch a log of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.