Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Remember.. Always Keep The Rubber Side Down
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres a few bikers on here so heres a question for you..

After years not riding, I decided to build a new bike to start up again.. Question is, do you know of any cheap places to buy bits.. Such as cranks, seats, wheels etc..

Heres what I won on ebay earlier for ?80.. Googled this bike up and its worth over ?800

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I know theres a few bikers on here so heres a question for you..

After years not riding, I decided to build a new bike to start up again.. Question is, do you know of any cheap places to buy bits.. Such as cranks, seats, wheels etc..

Heres what I won on ebay earlier for ?80.. Googled this bike up and its worth over ?800

I like Merlin cycles, got my new xt shifters and slx brakes from them, good overall service and not bad prices too.

Ric !!

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
Apart from the ones mentioned already i find the prices at wiggle are usually the cheapest of there abouts.

Cheers
Mark

·
Blue is the colour - not the mood
3,297 Posts
Used both Merlin and Chain reaction before, both have been very good.
A couple of mates have had problems with wiggle, both with late/lost deliveries and one had a damaged part that they would not replace or refund so I have never used them.

Have had 2 Fisher Prices
, first one was bought when they started making the frames in Korea a few
, probably about 19-20 years back, it was a elevated chain stay model, loved it as it was really good for climbing but I snapped that one just below the elevation so I got a replacement from them which was made in the US. It never missed a beat and only stopped using it when I bought my first front suspension bike about 7 years ago.
Still got a Fisher
frame in my shed, keep meaning to build it back up but needs a new crank shaft pin for it as it eats cranks.

Michael

·
Registered
311 Posts
A nice little project you got there Mr.Pike....

I built this for some mild trail work a while back with bits from Ebay and Chain reaction. You can get some bargain new bits from ebay if you look and bid hard enough. Saved me a few bob on a brand new Trailstar too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts