Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had mot done and was told 2 things needed doing, one of which was new rear discs and pads, i supplied them via ebay and they were fitted for £50. When i was given the mot test certificate it stated that the brakes were just an advisory, so am i right in thinking that i didnt actually need them and it should have been my choice?

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Yea, if they passed the MOT but advised the rear brakes need attention soon they should have made that clear.

Having said that, jobs done now for a reasonable price i`d say so no need to worry next time the MOTs due.

·
Super Moderator
22,155 Posts
Was it a quicky fit place or a real garage?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They didnt make it clear Dave but as you say the jobs done at a good price!
It was actually my friends brothers garage that i normally go to, so a bit difficult to now question it with him...

·
Registered
559 Posts
to be fair, if you know the guy, he was probably looking out for your safety, and as said, that's a reasonable price... had it been Kwikfit or some other generic chain I'd say they were trying to screw some money out of you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.