Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.I have tried everything on here to no avail I just cant get my BEIGE MOHAIR ROOF clean???,I have tried all the products recommended on hear and spent 2hrs at the weekend with a stiff brush and a bottle of Fairy Liquid but the stains are still there !!!! I have also thought about the pre-wash you can use with a pressure washer (like the ones at the Polish! car washes !!) and then pressure washing it close up ???,I wash it quite a bit so you would think it would be clean but no!!!!.Any help please.
Regards Steve.

Not been on for a while so HELLO to all and a happy new year

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a problem with mine, stains and green mould everywhere. I used an autoglym 2 step clean and protect thing and it was awesome. Made a massive difference and only took half an hour.

Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
502 Posts
in 2010 I had an MGF that I just fettled up to sell on, the roof on it was full of moss and lychen and nothing I used would get it off

So out with the pressure washer, and it came up brilliant, might need to give it a couple of goes depending on the dirt level, but spray it close and watch it go clean, yes you may well get leakage but this isnt the end of the world

I finished it off when dry, with some waterproofing solution for tents and awnings from a caravan shop, it was a large bottle and only needed a bit of it, when dry the water beaded off the roof really nice, fenwicks awning and gazebo reproofer and it was only about 6pound

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Already tried the Autoglym and scubed for ages but didn't touch it ?? I have the G tecnic proofer for when I get it clean so might try the cleaner but it looks like the pressure washer.
Regards Steve

·
Mr Miller :)
626 Posts
Could always try tent cleaner, never used it myself but have heard good things about it! worth giving it a try seeing as its only a couple of quid from an outdoors shop

J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.