Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the size of the door tweeters? I've just got a phoenix MK2 and they are blown so badly i've been driving around in silence! Have had a search on here / ebay but can't find any

· Early Man
3,364 Posts
You sure it's tweeters that you need and not the door speaker itself? Tweeters, if you have them, barley contribute anything to the sound so even if they're blown you would still have sounds out of the main speaker. If it is the mains speaker, just search for mx5 mk2 door speaker, and you'll get plenty of results from online suppliers.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You sure it's tweeters that you need and not the door speaker itself? Tweeters, if you have them, barley contribute anything to the sound so even if they're blown you would still have sounds out of the main speaker. If it is the mains speaker, just search for mx5 mk2 door speaker, and you'll get plenty of results from online suppliers.
I'm pretty sure, it's just the highs of the sounds that are shit, if I put something bass-ier on, it's fine. I'll probably replace the main speakers too, but thought this would be a good place to start.

· Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
633 Posts
Also nod to the wise, the bose system runs a different impedance to normal speakers. Replacing one part of the system won't be enough if it differs.

For instance replacing the head unit and the speakers will all be over amped or replacing the speakers leaving the stock HU, they will be under amped (think I got that the right way around)

EDIT: I don't know if it has the BOSE system actually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts