Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering,

I've got a MK2 1.8i, that doesnt come with electric mirrors as standard.

After investigating around with the car previously, there is a blanking plate to the left of the steering wheel, which I assume is where the electric mirror switch would go if it was fitted. I popped the blanking plate out, to find a plug in the back of it?

My query is,

If I'm right and I was to get an electric mirror switch and plug it in, would the mirrors work? Or is there more to it that I'd need?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Er, I'm going to have a wild guess and say, you will need to fit electric mirrors as well, not just add the switch...

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wasnt sure if they were just there and not connected seeing as the plug is there, was thinking I'd install the switch if that was the case, I'll just keep an eye out for a set of bronze electric mirrors lol

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cos when it comes to parallell parking, I prefer dropping the passenger side mirror down so I can see the kerb lol

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Cos when it comes to parallell parking, I prefer dropping the passenger side mirror down so I can see the kerb lol
Just do what I do, and park a bloody mile away from the kerb.... Looks crap, but my alloys are still in pristine condition after two years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.