Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
I have a few ideas in the pipeline for the exterior of my Mk2 and I was wondering how different in shape and size are the Mk2.5 headlamps in comparison to the Mk2.

I'm not looking to swap them in or anything. I know the Mk2.5 bumper fits on a Mk2 but can look a little misaligned below the lights.

So shapes and sizes how different are they?

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect Andy just what I wanted. They are quite different in shape around the edge aren't they?

Hmmm makes me wonder if what I have in mind will work out after all. Or can I make it work!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
I tried it and decided against in the end, panel gap looked a bit odd.

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm yes a total facelift is an option (oh if only I didn't have a mortgage to pay) but not what I had in mind. Nothing remotely that drastic actually. Just the part I want I've got to get imported and I'm wondering if it would be worth it if it might not fit. I guess I could always sell it on. Haven't seen any 5's over here with what I'm looking at on them.

Miles it does end up with quite a gap doesn't it? Not something I think I could live with either.

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't seen a Mazdaspeed lip but would love one. I thought they were as rare as hens teeth?

The lower lip/ bumper bit I have seen is like yours for the Mk2.5 and the bottom of the bumper is more curvy so won't fit my Mk2. As much as I like it.

No just a couple of small items to compliment the exterior. Just a matter of getting them over here.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I haven't seen a Mazdaspeed lip but would love one. I thought they were as rare as hens teeth?

The lower lip/ bumper bit I have seen is like yours for the Mk2.5 and the bottom of the bumper is more curvy so won't fit my Mk2. As much as I like it.

No just a couple of small items to compliment the exterior. Just a matter of getting them over here.
You can get a MK2.5 front lip/bumper bit to fit on a MK2 bumper but you need to get a good bodyshop to do it.

"angusangus" on here has a MK2.5 lip fitted to a MK2, maybe PM him for pics to get an idea of how it will look/can be done?

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh right cool. Thanks guys, I might just go take a peek at his pics.

I guess most things will fit it's just a matter of making them look good at the same time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts