Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm / counter if there is an issue fitting a standard oe front strut / tower brace from a mk2.5 SPORT to a standard mk2.5 1.8 ( i have a phoenix )

I read somewhere (think was on the OC) that it will foul on a standard mk2.5 near to the brake master cylinder? As app these are actually different

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently it was on drivers side, and it fouled on or near to the brake master cylinder which is app different on the 'sport' models?

Can anyone confirm fitment of one of these braces on a 2002 model (non sport)?

Mines a 2002 phoenix 1.8

·
~
15,357 Posts
The master cyclinder is slightly bigger on the sport models to due the larger brake setup, but the position and size of the strut brace is identical so I can't see how it would foul on a car with a smaller one off the top of my head. There'll be a pic in my for sale thread if its any help

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for finding that

Hmmm i see what you mean, doesnt look to be anywhere near the master cylinder

Was only because i read this thread ill see if can find the link, maybe they were trying to fit it backwards or something lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well its bcos im buying one lol and want to know if its going to fit.

I just went and had a look under the bonnet and the brake master cylinder looks miles away from the tower so i dunno, maybe itll be ok!

So if that came from a euphonic? Not all of them were 'sports' were they?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.