Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Finally got round to starting the mods on my 1.8 sport.

Just for future reference this is how she started out when I got her

photo%2018%20Medium.JPG

IMG_1217Medium.jpg

1st call was a front grill as I didn't fancy a stone in the radiator

Before

IMG_1301%20Medium.JPG

After

IMG_1302%20Medium.JPG

Grill came off ebay for £27 and seems to be of good quality

Next up was the stereo. I had a sony head unit lying around, so fitted that with a cubby underneath. Then hooked up my iphone through the aux in and attached a 160GB hard disk which I had lying around through the USB in on the head unit, which fits perfectly in the cubby underneath. Just need to add a cover over the cubby to hide it from prying eyes. I can now fit my whole music collection into the car permanently with 100gb spare for new tunes.

this little lot cost me nothing but time as I had all the bits lying about which was a bonus :thumb-up:

DSCN0389%20Medium.JPG

I have a K&N kit in the post and some clear / red reflectors so they're next

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Nice head unit

No doubt there will be plenty more spending to come in the near future!

You`ll love the sound of the K&N (Typhoon i assume)?

Still need to track down a grille & clear front relectors for mine if you see any going.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
597 Posts
Andy, your motor and Dave's mk2.5 are currently acting as inspiration for mine. Both great looking cars. I'm toying with a black & gold colour scheme at the mo so the grill could end up any colour

·
Registered
597 Posts
Few updates since last week

K&N kit arrived yesterday

Engine bay before fitting

and after

Didn't bother with the typhoon kit in the end as I'm not sure they really add any extra power and picked this one up for a steal. Just need to get it bent round facing the front and them make up a heat shield.

Yesterday was also the day for my road trip to the seaside to see Nicky and pick up some wheels off him. So where were 4 hulking great wheels gonna go in an mx5 I thought. 10 mins later

Plenty of space

It's a 300 od mile round trip to Nicky's so was really gonna get a chance to get a feel for the car

Just one more very time consuming and expensive mod to make before I leave, airbag light flashing annoyance

This took ages

About 150 miles later and lots of smiling and petrol later cos of the K&N I knew I'd found the right house

Met Nicky who's a top bloke, wheels in and off we go

Stopped off for some seaside goodies for the missus and my nieces and nephews

Nearly bought something naughty on the way back, didn't realise they were this cheap nowadays

Also had a chance to fit the red reflectors and i've blacked the front ones out for now

I've got a pretty good idea where I want to go now, and with a bit of help from Forza I think it'll look spot on

·
Registered
597 Posts
I really like the look of the headlight bezels on a black car. Not too sure about that rear wing, i'm not really a rear wing kind of bloke so may end up with the standard boot spoiler instead, who knows

·
Registered
597 Posts
Was wondering where to put my ipad.... Fits perfectly here, this car is fookin ace

·
Registered
597 Posts
You forgot to put the roof down

Did you win the gear knob?
Roof down 150 miles there, had a few problems with the roof down on the way back as the car had 9 wheels on it and in it

Also was at the sea side and couldn't find the sea to take a picky of the car on or near a beach
so gave up an blasted home. Had to back out of the gear knob cos my fuckin stupid expensive shower decided it wanted replacing that day so was suddenly £400 lighter in the pocket after buying a new one. What a crap waste of £400, I woulda been happy with baby wipes and new suspension for the forseable future but for some reason mrs jaydee wasn't a big fan of that idea.

The other bits were already underway or ordered but gonna be giving the spending a break for at least a week whilst we live on £1.50 a day on holiday in Portugal

On a more positive note the good lady says she won't talk to me if I put gold wheels on it, so they are most definitely gonna be gold

·
Registered
597 Posts
Promised myself that I wasn't going to spend any more money this week so have just given the engine bay a clean, cost nothing but makes a massive difference

From this

to this

then took her out for a quick spin and did a quick vid of some of the twisty s round my way ------ for video clicky clicky here

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mrk 2.5 sport rock

Im so cleaning my engine bay soon mines looks rather unloved.
cheers matey, I have gotta get onto one of your track days as soon as is humanly possible, they look bloody great fun

·
Driver / Test Dummy
1,873 Posts
Mrk 2.5 sport rock

Im so cleaning my engine bay soon mines looks rather unloved.
cheers matey, I have so gotta get onto one of your track days as soon as is humanly possible, they look bloody great fun

[/quote]

No problem matey,

Ps there not my days I Just spend far to much time with the team at Mazda on track they are all very close mates.

and your rite its the best thing I ever did and that was going out on track.

I'm not sure my X or the current Girl friend see it that way tho

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What did you use in the engine bay (and more importantly, what did you cover up?)
My old and trusted method - a of mixture Gunk, oven cleaner, jet washer, carrier bags and silicon shiner for the placky bits, works everytime and took 15 mins max

1 - 20 of 330 Posts