Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey everyone,

My headlights in my MK1 are literally as useful as dangling a candle out of the window at night. They're correctly aligned and the lenses are clean, but they're just useless! Full beam is ok, but dipped beam is just terrible.

Is this a common complaint? Are there any decent headlight upgrades available?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Yes it is, but only really on the early cars that had sealed beam headlights, you could check to see if you have sealed beam units (if someone has put them in) then you could upgrade the usual type lights that you can actually change the bulbs in, if you've already got them (which it would as its a n reg) you could put some different brighter bulbs in them, or you could put some raybrig headlights in there which are the best but hard to come by.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I know the problem all too well.. So I have ordered a pair of replacement lenses that have a projector in the centre instead of a normal reflector, they should arrive from the US in a couple of days- will post the results up

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Wipac units, they're about £20/25. I got mine from PaddockSpares. Listed as being for a Defender(possibly). They were mentioned in a thread a couple of days ago, with the Wipac code. Mine are 18+ month old now, and with the normal bulbs that came with them, when I have main beam on, I still dazzle myself on road signs...

·
Registered
653 Posts
My mate is restoring a defender (I know off subject) but he bought some of them wipac clear 7' headlight and they where only 20 brand new from bearmach!! So the guy said I could have a set the same price (as my mate has spent nearly 6k in the last 2months) he gets good discount!! Woohoo!!!!!! Also I have bought yellow headlight bulbs from halfords to go in should look nice!

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Wipac quadoptics. Available from all good landrover parts place. Cheap but with a good pattern.
They come as standard in some landrover's. They take them out and fit the wipac crystals. £40 a pair delivered. Available near bradford for £32 a pair.

It's good to hear there comparable with the boxster lights. I think my search for lights ends here. Back where I started lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.