Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what year the electric mirrors came out? Also, is the wiring already in the loom? Also also, there are 2 types of switches, will the one I have fit? The other type looks like it would fit straight into the dash near the fog light but I'm not sure where this would go. TIA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,112 Posts
Not sure when they started electric mirrors, probably '94, but the connector should be tucked in the A pillar next to the electric window/speaker plug where it connects to the door loom. The door loom is different for the electric mirror doors so you'll need to swap that in too. It'll either have just speakers (speakers and crossovers if it was from an s-spec with door tweeters), speakers (speakers and crossovers if it was from an s-spec with door tweeters) and electric windows or all three dependent on what spec it came from.

The switch goes in a blanking plate under the head unit with the headlight aim adjuster switch. My '97 UK iS had the electric mirrors. My '96 Harvard had speakers and that was about it, but all the plugs were there in the loom to swap the stuff across.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure when they started electric mirrors, probably '94, but the connector should be tucked in the A pillar next to the electric window/speaker plug where it connects to the door loom. The door loom is different for the electric mirror doors so you'll need to swap that in too. It'll either have just speakers (speakers and crossovers if it was from an s-spec with door tweeters), speakers (speakers and crossovers if it was from an s-spec with door tweeters) and electric windows or all three dependent on what spec it came from.

The switch goes in a blanking plate under the head unit with the headlight aim adjuster switch. My '97 UK iS had the electric mirrors. My '96 Harvard had speakers and that was about it, but all the plugs were there in the loom to swap the stuff across.
Unfortunately mines a '92, I believe they came out in late '93. Off by just a year! I also need the JDM switch by the looks of things since there is nowhere for me to put the UK switch (pictured) since I have 3 gauges under the radio, I even checked inside my door just in case but it's just the wiring for the speakers and the windows

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts