Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have issue with my 1.6 98 nb miata, Previously, it was randomly dropping rpm's to 500 for few seconds, and shaking, then it was returning to 900, after changing coolant temp sensor, it is misfireing and raising idle to 2000 or 3000 rpm's.
There is some gas in exhaust tips.
Plugs after couple kkm's were completely black. I changed plugs ang wires. What should i check?
Automotive tire Wood Gas Concrete Insect
Automotive tire Musical instrument Red Asphalt Gas

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,588 Posts
Check for stored OBDII codes. You probably have a sensor problem and need to narrow down which one.

I think you said problems started after you changed the coolant temp sensor. Well, that makes me wonder why you changed that one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish i could, there is only this weird outdated diagnostic port, it wasn't flashing any errors.
Changed it beacuse it was running rich and idling inconsistent, heard that it could be coolant temp sensor, i will check if old sensor gives same problems

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Where did you get your Coolant sensor from? 2 of us on here have had sim probs and replaced with an mx5 parts 1 that seems not upto the job. Im currently waiting on a oem 1 from boundville autolink.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It turned out that this new coolant temp sensor was bad, after plugging the old one car runs fine.
I bought it from Polish site similiar to ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts