most likely going to be using brembo or mintex discs

want some decent pads to accomidate minor track use for my mk1 turbo

been told axxis pads are amazing aswell as mintex
just want more opions ?

matt

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
For what it is worth I use Axxis pads on my 5 and they do stop very well. They do bite from cold too but work so much better when you get them hot.
There is a lot of brake dust with them though.

We fitted some Mintex 144 ( can't be exactly sure of the code) to my mates vx229 the other day and they were good after they had bed in. Not a direct comparison but they were a noticable improvement over his OEM set up.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I use Mintex 1144s for my Civic track car and they are very good - also very good are Black Diamond Predator pads but they aren't so easy to find these days, and Ferodo DS2500s but they are expensive and I find they dont last as long as the mintex ones

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The Rodders pads are worth a shout too - I use them daily, on track and on the race car. Fine from cold, don't need a lot of warming up to work to full potential, pretty cheap (£50 + VAT an end), last a decent amount of time, never had any fade. You can reach Paul on 07770 566 599.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.