Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
They keep on going on about how the Arabs are causing havoc for the normal people of knightsbridge. These folk think normal is shopping in harrods and going to private schools.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
this is definately one part of Knightsbridge I'm a fan of, I can't think of too many other places where you are surrounded by some of the best and most rarest cars you'll ever see. Not to mention, for any car enthusiast, you don't find them complaining to much about the sounds!

·
Registered
656 Posts
all that time and effort bringing the cars over and they dont even take them to any of our british race circuits just a build up area in london, does seem a bit of a shame, but agree locals come across as very short sighted and racist.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Throbbers.

·
Gonzomagic
1,071 Posts
all that time and effort bringing the cars over and they dont even take them to any of our british race circuits just a build up area in london, does seem a bit of a shame, but agree locals come across as very short sighted and racist.
tbf, if they wanted to race, germany would be better no?

they here to party. lol

·
Supreme Overlord of nutzF1
1,691 Posts
They keep on going on about how the Arabs are causing havoc for the normal people of knightsbridge. These folk think normal is shopping in harrods and going to private schools.
Shopping in Harrods and going to private schools is normal for the people of Knightsbridge.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Watching this on catch-up yesterday. Does seem a little excessive to import your car thousands of miles, only to rag it down a 100m stretch of busy London road.

As above, better places you could be, autobahn, Nurburgring, Monaco...silly children with TOO MUCH BLOODY MONEY :p

It's the bit where they say we go back for Ramadam to experience life as a poor person for a week...seems a little ironic considering what they had been up to a week previous, which is the complete opposite. I shall never understand the logic. Religion baffles me...but that's another topic entirely.

I laughed out load when the cameraman was filming them having their meeting in that posh birds front room, and said, has anyone actually spoken to the drivers themselves and told them to stop...stunned silence, and the bloke says, "ahh, no". Priceless.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Watching this on catch-up yesterday. Does seem a little excessive to import your car thousands of miles, only to rag it down a 100m stretch of busy London road.

As above, better places you could be, autobahn, Nurburgring, Monaco...silly children with TOO MUCH BLOODY MONEY :p

It's the bit where they say we go back for Ramadam to experience life as a poor person for a week...seems a little ironic considering what they had been up to a week previous, which is the complete opposite. I shall never understand the logic. Religion baffles me...but that's another topic entirely.

I laughed out load when the cameraman was filming them having their meeting in that posh birds front room, and said, has anyone actually spoken to the drivers themselves and told them to stop...stunned silence, and the bloke says, "ahh, no". Priceless.
That made me laugh too!!

·
Super Moderator
22,155 Posts
Off all the place to go for summer England swear we just have rain i would go monaco or some of greatest roads to be driven on
Trouble with Monaco is that if you so much as tread on the grass plod instantly appear from nowhere and give you a ticket. It is a truely terrible place.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I watched this last night, in my opinion it seemed very much like the people complaining are the ones who can't stand their part of the neighbourhood being full of foreigners and the only way they can say, "I don't like all these bloody Arabs coming to my part of town!" is to have a go at the people who are doing something a bit naughty.

Yes, when they speed it's dangerous and wrong, but if you know that area, it's probably very rare that they get to do that as it's mostly a car park on the main bits with all the peds due to traffic.

They'd seriously miss the Arab spending if they all fucked off altogether.

Also it was a little eye opening in the case of that insurance document scenario, every year the police say they're tackling these millionaire boy racers by seizing illegally insured cars, but that police officer had nothing. He seized it on the basis that he didn't understand the document and he can't ring Kuwait to speak to the insurer. This way he knows that guy is going to get his car back with minimal money and effort (well for him anyway) and he gets to appease the residents and add to the figures.

·
Japanese for a Reason
515 Posts
  • Also it was a little eye opening in the case of that insurance document scenario, every year the police say they're tackling these millionaire boy racers by seizing illegally insured cars, but that police officer had nothing. He seized it on the basis that he didn't understand the document and he can't ring Kuwait to speak to the insurer. This way he knows that guy is going to get his car back with minimal money and effort (well for him anyway) and he gets to appease the residents and add to the figures.
  • By a copper on a push bike haha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.