Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The nutzer formerly known as Fenix
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've just recently purchased a S/C setup that includes Megasquirt for engine management.

I'm just wondering where to start with beginning to understand how to use/tune it.

What websites, links, videos have people found useful for getting to grips with Megasquirt?

Thanks

·
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers.

Just a little bit of light reading then.lol.

I'm blaming you for me buying an S/C Richy. Being taken out in yours and your dads cars at Oulton the other year, planted a seed in my head. Thought i'd managed to surpress the urge but noooo lol

·
Premium Member
19,296 Posts
Cheers.

Just a little bit of light reading then.lol.

I'm blaming you for me buying an S/C Richy. Being taken out in yours and your dads cars at Oulton the other year, planted a seed in my head. Thought i'd managed to surpress the urge but noooo lol
Thought I remembered you from somewhere
I can only apologise for my hooliganism on track

If you need a hand with anything just give me a shout

·
was b0builder
6,487 Posts
At last you are going fi tock you long enought

·
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah disappeared for a while but back with as vengeance with 2 5's to modify. One fi and one na

Richy, never apologise for hooliganism on track I had a great laugh and really got a feel for how much a 5 will grip.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Is there any point to adding MS to a standard engine? Just to learn how to tune it before doing any work to the engine itself?

I have to say, at this point, I'm more interested in fiddling around with the ECU than actually searching for more power by playing around with the engine itself.

To clarify: I'm not expecting an MS on a standard engine to yield any more power - it'd more likely reduce it before the map is worked out...

Thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.