Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv just purchased an MS2 and i have a set of 440cc supra injectors fully reconditioned ready to go into my mk1 1.6 begi turbo set up.

At the moment the car is set up with the BEGI fmu, intercooler, maf sensor etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction of instructions on what i have to do to basically go from my set up with fmu to fitting the bigger injectors, and installing the MS2.

thanks

·
Premium Member
19,520 Posts
There isn't any.

Where did you get the MS2 from? is it setup for the MX5? If not you need to build a second Opto circuit on the board for the 2nd CAS input signal into the MS and do the normal MS1 ignition output circuits on D14 and D16.

Wiring will be however you've wired it internally but mostly the same as a MS1 setup.

I'd reccomend leaving the FMU in and fitting the MS, once you get that going, then remove the FMU and fit the injectiors. Don't change too much at once as if something doesn't work you'll be chasing your tail trying to work out why.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There isn't any.

Where did you get the MS2 from? is it setup for the MX5? If not you need to build a second Opto circuit on the board for the 2nd CAS input signal into the MS and do the normal MS1 ignition output circuits on D14 and D16.

Wiring will be however you've wired it internally but mostly the same as a MS1 setup.

I'd reccomend leaving the FMU in and fitting the MS, once you get that going, then remove the FMU and fit the injectiors. Don't change too much at once as if something doesn't work you'll be chasing your tail trying to work out why.
thanks for the info, although iv no idea about megasquirts.
i bought the megasquirt from ninja off here, the megasquirt was built for an mx5. I will also have a 76 pin plug for the wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts