Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im converting my Automatic mk1 eunos roadster to manual and I've bought a 5 speed from a 1.8 mk2, this box has an electric speed sensor / speed drive where's my old auto box had a (much longer) mechanical sensor (see below). I really don't want to have to replace my instrument cluster because its one of the nice yellow eunos ones. Is there a mechanical equivalent with the same fitting that I can buy? I've had a look around and I can't seem to find anything. Any converter for this? Modify my instrument cluster? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Sam
Automotive tire Camera accessory Bumper Gas Suspension
Speedometer Gauge Vehicle Measuring instrument Odometer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Im converting my Automatic mk1 eunos roadster to manual and I've bought a 5 speed from a 1.8 mk2, this box has an electric speed sensor / speed drive where's my old auto box had a (much longer) mechanical sensor (see below). I really don't want to have to replace my instrument cluster because its one of the nice yellow eunos ones. Is there a mechanical equivalent with the same fitting that I can buy? I've had a look around and I can't seem to find anything. Any converter for this? Modify my instrument cluster? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Sam
View attachment 60386 View attachment 60387
look for a speedo-drive from a mk1?

where are you located? I might have one in the shed somewhere :unsure:

Rich.
Hey,
I live in Reading but go to university in Bath. Do you live near either of those places? Please let me know if you do have one, I've looked everywhere and can't find one.

·
layabout
2,697 Posts
I live in Reading but go to university in Bath. Do you live near either of those places?
I'm near Swansea so not realy cose (or far in the galactic sense 😜)

Please let me know if you do have one, I've looked everywhere and can't find one.
I'm having some workshop time this evening and will have a dig (y)

-it's the first time in a fortnight as I've been working long hours🥴

Rich.

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,682 Posts
And, assuming the differential isn't being changed, you'd want a drive which keeps the same number of gearteeth as the one that came out of the auto box.

23 teeth goes with a 4.3 ratio diff.
22 teeth goes with a 4.1
21 teeth goes with a 3.9
19 teeth goes with a 3.6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts