Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I installed an me442 ecu for my VVT swapped NA (we have the VTPS from that engine), Im having an issue calibrating it (I dont think the wiring is the issue here as we've checked with a voltmeter and we get 5v from the ecu). The calibration tool comes up with circa 2.5 volts and it is stuck on 100% throttle and wont change regardless of my throttle inputs. Has anyone had this issue before? Cheers guys!

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,590 Posts
How have you got it wired? (I'm guessing you swapped the engine into a car that didn't originally have a variable TPS, right?)

I believe the later 3-wire TPS wants a +5V and a ground feed and the other wire is its TPS output.

The early manual 1.6 TPS just has a changeover switch, or rather it has two endstop switches; With the throttle closed it grounds the red wire on ECU pin 1N and with the throttle wide open it grounds the blue/green/white(?) wire on 2L.

Is it possible you're using an input pin (with 5V through a pullup resistor) as your 5V source? That's not likely to work as the voltage will drop as soon as there's any load connected.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thank you for the reply! Yeah the engine was swapped into a 1.6 '92 chassis (which had the fixed TPS). We've wired the +5v to 1N and in order to get the +5 on that pin we had to switch on the VTPS dipswitch on the board so it's working fine in that regard. The signal wire is on pinout 2L (the original signal) and then we've just grounded the third wire. There is a seperate +5v feed on pinout 2K which used to feed the afm sensor, would it be better to use this one instead?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay we got to the bottom of it in the end, turns out all we had to do was switch on the bmw dipswitch!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue with mine. I’m using a mk2 throttle body on a NA 1.6 chassis getting exactly the same readings as you were! Excuse my incompetence but what do you mean by turn on the Bmw dip switch ? 😩[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Having the same issue with mine. I’m using a mk2 throttle body on a NA 1.6 chassis getting exactly the same readings as you were! Excuse my incompetence but what do you mean by turn on the Bmw dip switch ?
[/QUOTE]In the ME software there should be a BMW Dipswitch toggle, make sure you turn that on as well as the other dipswitch (I think there are 2 which confused me iirc)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the ME software there should be a BMW Dipswitch toggle, make sure you turn that on as well as the other dipswitch (I think there are 2 which confused me iirc)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
Thanks I’ll take a look!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts