Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Waiting For The Summer
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw my first GTR on the road the other day on the way home from work,as he approached in the outside lane.
Traffic slowed him as we approached a roundabout, so I took the opportunity to pull in behind him for a better look.
Coming off the roundabout and back onto the dual carriageway, I prepared myself, keeping the car in 2nd. Then as the road straightened, I heard a strange noise above the 6000rpm of my own car, it was like bwar, bwaar bwaaarr (say it quickly)
And he was gone...............I think he must have spun off or been abducted by aliens

Seriously though, these things are damn quick. He'd cleared the bend at the end of a mile long straight before I'd gotten out of 3rd gear, and it was nice to see (and hear) someone nailing it

·
Registered
724 Posts
Seen a few now... they make a lovely noise when driven hard. Also saw two GTR's hooning along up in the dales a few weekends ago... bumper to bumper... looked like they were having the best time ever!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
There is a guy near me (not sure exactly where) with a white one. We seem to go the same way in mornings at roughly the same time. We have a half mile steep uphill straight on the way. in fact it is so steep, they have put 2 lanes on the way up. I often use it to despatch a nice line of bleary eyed slowcoaches (literally) and trucks on my way to work.

One morning, after about a month of seeing each other on our commute, we both arrived at the bottom of this hill about the same time.

I nailed it (my car is not exactly slow once moving (350BHP, 770NM, re-mapped 335D) he nailed it.

By the time we had reached the top, I had passed all 7 cars in front of me. He had passed all 8 by a long , long way. He must have been 200yds ahead of me at the top!!

We caught up with each other on the dual carriageway a few miles later. He clapped as I pulled up next to him. I tugged my forlock and bowed in deep reveration!

What a car, what a noise. What a sad car geek I am!

If I didn't have 3 kids, a conservatory and a wife who is a black belt in bollock-jitsu, I'd get one pronto!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
!

What a car, what a noise. What a sad car geek I am!

If I didn't have 3 kids, a conservatory and a wife who is a black belt in bollock-jitsu, I'd get one pronto!
Keep it in the conservatory, make the kids clean it and your wife can have balck belt in whatever she likes but unless she owns a lambo she wont catch you anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.