Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am new here and a noob in miata, but it’s a childhood dream and now I have the money,space/freedom to do it….I recently bought a miata na 1.6 90 ps open diff and wanted to make 6 gear and a little power but I had luck and bought another mazda mx-5 an anniversary 99’ 140hp 6 gear and torsen diff ,it has a lot of rust and I decided to make engine-gearbox-diff swap but I wanna keep it original so I wanna do electrical swap to I don’t wanna do it with 1.6 ecu/harness and I have searched overall (with my key words) and every swap I find they all are saying to use the 1.6 harness etc etc…because it is to complicated to get it running with the original 1.8 ecu and original harness (one more time I have both cars running and intact so I have all the parts) can someone point me in the best direction preferably 1.8 swap with harness and ecu if it’s possible (I’m not afraid of working or stripping both cars to the bones) I just need someone to guide me how to remove for the 1.8 the harness and swap it with the 1.6 (of course with the ecu and if needed the gauges etc etc) I just wanna make it clean if a wire need to be removed I will do it from a to z not just cut and tape let it hanging it’s my dream cars since playing nfs so I wanna drive it every with the possibility of drifting (not extrem drifting just sliding) but without the risk of burning the cars down because of faulty wiring…😅
(sry for the bad english)

thank you very much best regards Andrei

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I would say mate a massive job probably just as big as sorting rust on the 10ae.
Engine gearbox and diff will easily swap over. But the wiring and plumbing will be a nightmare.. both fars will have to be stripped then build 1 back up with the other wiring loom znd then incompatiable parts headaches.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say mate a massive job probably just as big as sorting rust on the 10ae.
Engine gearbox and diff will easily swap over. But the wiring and plumbing will be a nightmare.. both fars will have to be stripped then build 1 back up with the other wiring loom znd then incompatiable parts headaches.

Yeah but I want the na for me not the 10ae and the na hast no rust it whos a garage car the last 6 months stayed on the streets and got a cut on the soft top and someone stolen the catalyst and they decided to sell it now it’s again a garage car 😅 but I want that 50hp extra +6gear and diff (I live in Germany and I can’t just slam a turbo unfortunately)

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
It can be done just be aware alot of work. If youve got the skills i say go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts