Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has always told me it's not what you know but whom you know..

It would seem so as he has been asked to take the Mazda concept car to party in the park this Saturday.
He has been given it for a week an was told if I was over 25 I could have driven it. I'm 4 months away from being 25 so such a kick in the teeth.

As I've only just got through the door after a quick spin I've only managed to take one picture so far. More will come as soon as I'm told I'm allowed to.

Enjoy

py5yna2e.jpg

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
It looks fantastic but I'd need to drive one to even get close to justifying the price tag. It really would have to drive spot on!
Imagine what else you could get with £30k.......

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
There's a couple of "dressed up sports" doing the rounds. Made to look like a GT concept. PhoenixFives had a meet arranged last year with Mazda to see it and have passenger rides but they apologised just before the meet and cancelled - offering rides in a sport lookalike instead!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Need details of how it drives. What is the noise like from those TB's.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
This, Rorty, very, very rorty. The throttle bodies snarl and gargle like a demented BDA and although it’s great fun I suspect it might be a bit noisy for most trackdays. = fail!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As its the concept car the suspension, as it says in the letter, isn't set up to its optimum. Will have to see if I can get a sound clip of it before the show.
It's also very smelly (fuel) due to being a concept car but not too sure why.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, this looks mean. For 30k I would rather have something like this than the GT86 TRD, Don't know how Toyota can charge 6k over the standard car for their "Tuning house" version when all it really is is are some extra shiny bits. They missed a trick there.

I was about to ask what the other car under the cover was but I then saw the plate :wallbash:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts