Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
TSI's are a want for me too.... Just trying to decide which ones to get.

I originally wanted a set with side lights because I like sidelights for some reason lol. But they only seem to come on the mesh type ones. I prefer the look of the ''open ones''

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Nice looking car, I think you've helped me decide to get some tsi's. Are yours the moss ones?
Yeah mine are Moss.

TSI's are a want for me too.... Just trying to decide which ones to get.

I originally wanted a set with side lights because I like sidelights for some reason lol. But they only seem to come on the mesh type ones. I prefer the look of the ''open ones''
Yeah annoying that the moss ones don't have side lights, but IMO they look far better than the mesh ones. I will probably mount a little LED of some sort behind the TSI's at some point, its too cold at the moment though!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
quick update.. Got a replacement steering rack, pump etc fitted today by everything mx5, nice guys, got it done really quick and were very knowledgable when I had a few questions. Really need to get my other wheels and tyres on now as the tracking needs doing after having the rack off. Will probably go to WIM for a 4 wheel alignment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Goodies!

Cobra Monaco seats from six one two, mintex disc with mintex 1144 race pads and a jass performance offset licence plate mount:

Xy1FT1l.jpg

Got my wheels back!

wJvEJLc.jpg

and uniroyal rainsport 3's to go on them :)

Nsy7MFm.jpg

Car is booked in at WIM on thursday to get the tyres fitted and a 4 wheel alignment.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Goodies!

Cobra Monaco seats from six one two, mintex disc with mintex 1144 race pads and a jass performance offset licence plate mount:

Xy1FT1l.jpg

Got my wheels back!

wJvEJLc.jpg

and uniroyal rainsport 3's to go on them :)

Nsy7MFm.jpg

Car is booked in at WIM on thursday to get the tyres fitted and a 4 wheel alignment.
Hey, nice seats. Did they fit straight onto the existing mk1 runners or did you have to buy or do anything else to make them fit? I was going to get Sparco Sprint 5 for my Marina blue mk1 but I like the look of your new seats also.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hey, nice seats. Did they fit straight onto the existing mk1 runners or did you have to buy or do anything else to make them fit? I was going to get Sparco Sprint 5 for my Marina blue mk1 but I like the look of your new seats also.
i've got them mounted on jb fab mounts. http://www.jb-fab.com/catalog3.html. they were a real bitch to mount them where I wanted them on the mount (all the way forward and as low as possible), I can see it being quite difficult to get them any further back than I have them as its so difficult to get under the back of the seat. I've got a mate with the same seats mounted on standard runners ( I don't know what modification it needs) which sit quite high compared to mine, just depends of what you're happy with height wise.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got bored of the interior lights lighting up only my knee caps and using my phone to see inside the boot, so I installed some LED strips :D

Interior strips are wired into the standard interior light so they come on when opening the doors and can still be manually switched on and off.

t62Vnnf.jpg

I didn't fancy paying 30 odd quid for a boot light kit on mx5parts etc, so about £5 in parts from halfords later, I did this...

WMJHCSn.jpg

6ruwnqA.jpg

sorry about the crap photos, but you get the idea :)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Copycat! MK1 - check! Mariner blue - check! boot light - check! (make quite a difference, I found) :D

2014-01-251BootlightonSmall_zps044bb3bd.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Hate to break it to you both... But I have LED strips in the kitchen ready for my MK1 mariner! XD

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
great minds think alike!

Done a couple of bits last night/today.

new gear knob, gaiter and hand brake sleeve.

HzoGGBv.jpg

Also put some 1/10th scale versions of my wheels as my air vents! Probably one of my favourite mods i've ever done to a car!

SGcNYsU.jpg

oiHTuCV.jpg

41 - 60 of 67 Posts