Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there going down to skuzzles somewhen next month to get my mk1 1.6 mapped

its a t25 turbo build

going to be mapped on a emanage blue with either supra green tops or 1.8 injectors

what else do i need to complete it for mapping

do i need a map sensor does the blue have capabilities for one ? if so can some1 link me to one that will work

many thanks

matt

·
Premium Member
17,682 Posts
Lots of info in the FI section including one from me on how to set up an EMB to use a MAP sensor and log wideband. Point Nick in my direction if he wants to discuss how to configure it as it's a bit convoluted and unintuitive but works fine once configured. Chances are he's already been there/done that/got the T-Shirt.

You don't need to fork out for a Greddy one, you can use a 2BAR MAP sensor from a Cosworth which can be bought cheap on eBay. If you're going to over 15psi of boost you will need a 3BAR, but otherwise a 2 would be fine. No problem if you can only get hold of a 3, it'll just have capacity you won't use.

If you need the EMB software/firmware, give me a shout as I have the most recent major and minor versions up to final.

Daz

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
The software is a free download from the greddy site. You won't get stuck on the day if you need it and daz is not available.

Daz's work on the emb install is spot on. I'm an auto electrician but followed it blindly it was so straight forward. I needed no special knowledge at all.

I don't really know what your setup is, but I would be surprised if 1.8 injectors were not your limitting factor. Get the supra's in there and even they might be your limiting factor if you have an intercooler and map sensor. You really do want both. At worst it will cost you £150 but it could give you 50 more horsepower. My brains to shrivled to work it out, but that's quite realistic.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lots of info in the FI section including one from me on how to set up an EMB to use a MAP sensor and log wideband. Point Nick in my direction if he wants to discuss how to configure it as it's a bit convoluted and unintuitive but works fine once configured. Chances are he's already been there/done that/got the T-Shirt.

You don't need to fork out for a Greddy one, you can use a 2BAR MAP sensor from a Cosworth which can be bought cheap on eBay. If you're going to over 15psi of boost you will need a 3BAR, but otherwise a 2 would be fine. No problem if you can only get hold of a 3, it'll just have capacity you won't use.

If you need the EMB software/firmware, give me a shout as I have the most recent major and minor versions up to final.

Daz
One like this

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Been told with the supra injectors I can get 190bhp at 8psi I think it was
That seems realistic. The RC injector size calculator says 190bhp in a nice rich state. 230cc (1.8) injectors at 136bhp would be just as rich. That a 100% duty cycle in both cases. A specific of 0.64 and fuel at 43.5psi.

54bhp to be had from the 320s. The map sensor is just needed. You can't really avoid it. Although if you really must you can map against airflow up to 8psi. I don't think skuzzle will do it for you though. It's very rough indeed to not use a map sensor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Daz
Okay thanks man

Also what size of Injector can the blue Handel ?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi
I'm running 7psi on a s/c with an EMB on standard injectors.
The EMB doesn't know what injectors you have it just adds fuel to the standard ecu map by increasing the duty cycle, I am nowhere near the limit of the EMB fuel map at 7psi.
My " Mapper" wouldn't touch it without a MAP sensor.
Hope that helps

1,893 Posts
AS above get a Map sensor for it makes the whole setup work well and easy to map, also get some Supra Injectors as 1.8 ones will soon run out of fuel/hit unsafe high duty cycles as you get near to 200hp.

I loved my Emb so easy to map and setup, was perfect on my minicharged setup around 200hp with 350cc injectors ran it like that for 7000miles no issues, also ran it on MP62 charger setup with 420cc injectors but was right at or maybe just over its limit at 225hp on the bigger charger but still handled it just not as nice as on minicharger setup.

Cheers
Ian

·
Brake guru
1,893 Posts
Hi
I'm running 7psi on a s/c with an EMB on standard injectors.
The EMB doesn't know what injectors you have it just adds fuel to the standard ecu map by increasing the duty cycle, I am nowhere near the limit of the EMB fuel map at 7psi.
My " Mapper" wouldn't touch it without a MAP sensor.
Hope that helps
EMB doesnt have a limit to the fuel map as such but can only drive injectors upto a certain size consistently, more to do with stock ecu struggling to compensate off boost though, would be interested to know what your injector duty cycle is, i was leaning out on fueling at high revs due to maxed stock injectors long before i got to 7psi on my mini charger setup.

Ian

·
Premium Member
17,682 Posts
The software is a free download from the greddy site. You won't get stuck on the day if you need it and daz is not available.
The minor version is on there but not the major version to start from? Not that I can find anyway.

It didn't used to be on the GReddy site at all, hence why I collected the versions.

Daz

·
Premium Member
17,682 Posts

Daz
One like this

[/quote]

That's a 2.5BAR just to throw another factor into the mix, but would work fine too.

Daz

·
Brake guru
1,893 Posts
Also what size of Injector can the blue Handel ?
Realistically, 320cc. You can go larger but you'll have trouble with the idle.

Daz
[/quote]

As above Supra 305/320cc will be safe and plenty safe upto 190-200hp, i ran 350cc and 420cc on my mk2 with emb but the mk2 stock ecu is better at mopping up excess fuel at idle and cruise than the Mk1 im led to beleive, the EMB can only take out so much fuel when off boost (idle and cruise) and any excess is left for stock ecu to deal with, stick with the Supra injectors and you will be fine.

Cheers
Ian

·
Brake guru
1,893 Posts
Okay il be on the look for some injectors now
Budget for getting them tested and cleaned as well, often 2nd hand injectors get gummed up and stuck if unused for awhile which can cause engine failure due to leaning out if not noticed during mapping etc, before they go in get them cleaned and flow tested by someone like stigatronix or Blink motorsport on here and then you know they are tiptop, do it right do it once etc

Ian

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
The minor version is on there but not the major version to start from? Not that I can find anyway.

It didn't used to be on the GReddy site at all, hence why I collected the versions.

Daz
[/quote]

Yeah, I hadn't noticed that. Just the 1.49 update on there now. 18 months back there were a few choices.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.