Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Forgive another possibly stupid question ...

The cable required for the supercharger DTP setup, is it just another standard Mx5 throttle cable or does it have to be specially made ?

Also I need to fabricate the cable end brackets, does anybody have any pics of their installs both at the standard throttle end and the SC throttle so I can see roughly what it is I need to create ? .... or does anybody sell anything suitable (or almost suitable) to save me fabricating from scratch ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick responses.

I knew that the cable would need the nipple thing on the end so I assumed that I couldn't simply cut one to length .... didnt realise they made screw on nipples !!!

If anyone has any suggestions re. the cable end brackets that would be great.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Efas, that does help.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I found it difficult to find cables, ends and adjusting screws from ordinary hardware or car parts stores. Then I went to motorcycle accessory store and got all that I needed. I used 1,5mm cable, which is thinner than the original cable but does the trick.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone who uses the TR Lane SC inlet got any pics of their DTB throttle cable bracket please ?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it is a TRL one then its not the same as mine which I purchased direct from TRL last month.

My TRL inlet with the DTB mount is in parallel with the SC so it will have a 90 degree silicone hose attached to the TB whereas that one in pic has the 90 degree bend actually as part of the inlet which would seem to be a better design also the one in the pic appears to have a built in cable mounting bracket whereas I need to fabricate one.

I am trying to determine where I need to put the cable mount for my type inlet as the TB is rotated differently so the cable is at a different angle ..... or can you change the position of the cable pulley thing on the TB to suit ?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Agreed, it looks like a much better design.

Efas - where did you get this inlet ?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice work Efas, I wish I had the skill and equipment to fabricate parts like that !!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hi Jacksheps - if you can make our own then I would if I was you.

I test fitted the SC today using the TRL kit and there is very little room for the 90 degree silicon hose behind the second TB and it clashes with the heater pipes .... the design shown in the pics above is a much better solution IMHO. Also the TB interferes with the dipstick, am not sure what to do about that yet.

I will post some pics later

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is what the test fit looked like :

The oil dipstick interferes with the TB, any ideas how to get over this ?

And there is very little room behind the TB for the 90 degree silicon hose due to the heater pipes :

I will move the washer bottle and hopefully there will be enough room without having to reroute the heater pipes ... have other TRL users got away with this ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.