Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Same as my other thread. Anyone want to meet on the M4 between Junction 20 and 18?
Have replied to the other now as I will be coming up the M5

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sweet, sounds good to me! I will hopefully be with a Teg if my mate pulls his finger out, if not will be audi or bmw......

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
I'll be heading up the M4, meeting up with Yeti at Magor services which is 24 I believe, so the two of us can meet you further along

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's only a little way past, if you need to meet up somewhere, that would be best is all. If you come off at 17 then there's also a Morrisons or an esso garage you could meet at aswell just as you get into Chippenham, then Combe is only 10 minutes away. 18 is for bath and as soon as you get off there no where at all to meet until you actually get there. Although google is right, youd be there a few minutes quicker from your direction getting off at 18. Combe is only 5 miles or so from 17 :) that's the way I go to get there anyway and I'm there 3 days a week usually!

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Any word on this?

I'm going to be driving up from Swansea with Thenwood, joining at junction 42 and heading up to meet Yeti at Magor which is junction 24 I believe.

Happy to meet you guys on the way or something? If we find out timings on when our paths will cross, I can plan to leave Magor at the right time in order to get everyone else into a rolling convoy

·
Are YOU a Help Vampire?
6,177 Posts
Any word on this?

I'm going to be driving up from Swansea with Thenwood, joining at junction 42 and heading up to meet Yeti at Magor which is junction 24 I believe.

Happy to meet you guys on the way or something? If we find out timings on when our paths will cross, I can plan to leave Magor at the right time in order to get everyone else into a rolling convoy
lolz, just posted on other thread

what time for Magor you recon?

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Well I've gotta meet Thenwood first, so I'll be leaving home somewhere around half 5-6

I'd imagine getting to Magor about 7:15-7:30

·
Mechanically Confused
2,142 Posts
I'm heading over from about 25 mins away and won't be hitting the M4 at all!

That said, Daz said in his 'Tickets' thread this:

Please ensure vehicle passes are clearly visible in windscreens to help the marshals direct you to your stand area. All adults must present a ticket at the gate or pay ?20, under 14s are free. Any person not in possession of a vehicle pass will have to park in the public car park.

If travelling on the M4 - please use junction 18 for gates A and B, and junction 17 for gate C. (The letter on the vehicle pass refers to the gate)
So since we're aiming for Gate C, remember to come off at M4 J17

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Yeah, thats a point. I normally came off at 18 the previous years I've been, but if we can get at it from 17, the ques seem less from that direction anyway, so we'll head that way.

Maybe meet at that service station just before 17 as mentioned further up in the thread?

Frank, PM me your mobile number mate and I'll text you as we're leaving Magor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts