Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I go weak at the knees for a limited edition and this is the best in my opinion. Picked it up today with almost all of the original parts and now have it sat up home waiting some restoration work.

For those that don't know about the M2-1001, read some details here:

http://www.dandycars.com/Frequently_Asked_Questions/Japanese_Special_Editions_(NA_1989-1997)/M2-1001.htm

In addition to the unique interior and exterior parts the 1.6 engine in the M2-1001 has been blueprinted running flat top pistons, ported & polished head, aggressive cams, different ECU and RX-7 AFM.

Excuse the crappy phone taken photos, I will get some better pics and detail some of the more interesting features when I get a chance:

Getting wrapped up for a safe journey home:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers - main one is the inner door handles which I believe are prone to breaking (I'm already on the case on some replacements).

Not many interior photos yet:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Wow!!
I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread! beautiful car! congrants on the buy
more pictures pleaassee!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congratulations! Nice buy!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh boy. From one rarity to another. Good for you Jamie. I envy you.
If I was getting back in a Mk1 then I had to go one better than the Tokyo Ltd (which meant either an M2-1001 or M2-1002).

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Oh boy. From one rarity to another. Good for you Jamie. I envy you.
If I was getting back in a Mk1 then I had to go one better than the Tokyo Ltd (which meant either an M2-1001 or M2-1002).

[/quote]

So whats wrong with the M2-1028 then
Ha ha, seriously though this is an absolutely amazing car, well done on getting it... I'll be following this thread with interest / envy!!

Russell.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
internet warrior
11,622 Posts
more info for the uninitiated!

M2-1001 Cafe Roadster
Cafe Racer (Dec-91) Limited 1/300

M2 Corp. released the M2-1001 Roadster in December 1991. It was a special "Limited Production" Roadster variant that was a short production run of only 300 units, in a special Blue/Black Mica Paint, with a sticker price of $26,000. Prospective buyers were required to show up in person at M2's Tokyo headquarters to register for a lottery to place an order for this extremely limited Roadster.

This upscale Eunos Roadster was M2's first turn-key race-ready offering. Here is a list of some of the goodies that made it so popular: functional front airdam with integrated fog lamps, vintage aero mirrors, 4-point rollbar, vintage gauge cluster, fixed back bucket seats, polished 3-spoke steering wheel, stiffer suspension package with M2 specific codes, polished aluminum strut brace, upgraded exhaust by HKS, intake system, a 1.6L motor with new aggressive pistons, radical camshaft, lightweight flywheel, LSD cooling intake, manual steering, manual windows, (A/C was optional) racing pedals, centerless console with matching shortened radio bezel, aluminum gas filler cap, a more aggressive wheel & tire package (15" x 6" Panasport rims), and a rear spoiler (which became standard for the R package). The performance changes made to the Roadster would bump the horsepower to 130hp @ 6500 RPM and 109ft/lb of torque @ 5500 RPM. Once released, it was so popular that people were paying up to $34,000 to get their hands on the M2-1001 Roadster!

awesome buy jamie, cant be many in this country?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
awesome buy jamie, cant be many in this country?
Might be another M2-1001 but not sure if it went back to Japan. Dean Barnes's M2-1002 has gone to Italy, so probably only Saz's old M2-1002 (restored by Sam Goodwin)...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
nice find how much it set you back dude?
Half a bunch of grapes and a handful of KP nuts.

Thanks for all the kind comments, really looking forward at progressing this car and taking it to some shows next year!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts