Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
just started over the last couple of day exhaust popping and hesistion below 2.5k rpm an intermitant problem.

Am i right in thinking

step 1 check for air leaks
2 carb clean the maf
3 change the ht leads
and finally if all else fails autolinkuk for a used coil pack

car is a mk1 1.8

any help much appreciated

forgot to mention fuel economy seem low recently could be the price of fuel though

·
Registered
79 Posts
just started over the last couple of day exhaust popping and hesistion below 2.5k rpm an intermitant problem.

Am i right in thinking

2 carb clean the maf
3 change the ht leads

car is a mk1 1.8

Had problem with mine would not rev above 2300rpm turned out to be throttle body sensor connection might help.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Am i right in thinking

2 carb clean the maf
3 change the ht leads

car is a mk1 1.8

Had problem with mine would not rev above 2300rpm turned out to be throttle body sensor connection might help.
[/quote]
checkyour temp sendor,as its cold it will automatically enrich the fuel and cause the symtoms you have stated.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Possibly O2 sensor aswell? Im having similar problems, particually hesitant between 2-3k rpm when cold. Changed plugs and leads but no major improvment, so have bought a new lamba to try next.

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.