Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done TheDinkyToy, itwent well, he did a fantastic job, he knows his stuff, supercharger next. Could not get there last weekend, Wife picked up a car in Hayling, our son also lives there so we killed 2 birds with one mx5, oh and a quick pint in the Ship in Havant. Anyway it was a job well done.

Steve

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
Good I'm glad it went well, Nick is a good lad.

Supercharger eh? I know that route well enough, let me know if an extra pair of hands is needed!

Never been to the ship in Havant. If you mean the one by the Harbour just over Hayling Bridge then I think that's Langstone. Nice pub if it is the one.

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
Ooops my bad the pub is called the Ship Inn but the place is Langstone with the pub being just by Langstone Harbour. It's not quite in Havant.

Still a lovely place I'd recommend it for food as well. They do good locally caught fish so you never know whats on the menu until you see the specials board depending on what was caught that day.

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
Lol. You don't need a supercharger as an excuse for a return visit.

You are more than welcome to pop over for a visit anytime, I'm sure me and my hubby could make you feel welcome, if you fancied a bit of lunch or a tyre kick. Just say the word.

My SC cost me just over a grand new out of the box imported from TDR in America (via my husbands company... Ahem!) I fitted it myself so the costs stopped there really.

·
The Hong Kong Nutzer
1,359 Posts
I recognize skuzzle but not your car

nice guy he is last time I met him he told me how easy it was to install a supercharger, he was like bolt here there and there, job done. I was like what the fu*k

If I am down south I am more than happy to use his service

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I play too - see - takes one to know one. The dog in your avatar nearly threw me though. What sort of time scale can I be looking at if I did the cam-belt and water pump together - rough idea?

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Hmm my mate done mine for me, took less than 5 hours, more like 3.
3 hours is possible.. i done a cambelt in half hour on my last 5 after i fitted it and had it a tooth out. half hour to strip it again.. put it right and put it back together.. but if you are taking your time.. double checking everything then 5 hours easy for the cambelt and waterpump and all associated bits (including front engine seals)

·
Registered
808 Posts
I see.
Can't say I helped him much I was just supervising hehe.
Tbh though you might aswell give yourself the higher time limit and make sure everythings done smoothly!

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
I see.
Can't say I helped him much I was just supervising hehe.
Tbh though you might aswell give yourself the higher time limit and make sure everythings done smoothly!
actually to be honest too in that time we did swan off to mc D's and we fitted a proper oil pressure sender and new dials so probably nearer 3.5 hours anywho.

But 5 gives you a chance to resolve them little problems you often find with working on old cars.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If it was just the cambelt then 3 hours, but Skuzzle did the pulley and tensioner, we also fitted a real oil sender unit, and then the gauge in t he instrument cluster, that had a small problem that someone had fitted a fog light switch mounted to the instrument pod and the wires were so short they kept falling off, then the sideways on a roundabout trio to Mc d in a car so low when i tried to get out one foot was already in Australia. All in all a great day an as stated job a
. But I should have pushed Skuzzle for a free set of interior lights.

Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.