Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Japanese for a Reason
515 Posts
Any local nutzers to London, Kent etc who would be willing to convoy to London one night for another photo shoot and a cruise around the city,
The graffit tunnel makes a great backdrop and many car enthusiast use it without the fear of being moved on by the police.
Put your names down and we can organise a meet up for a great night

· Japanese for a Reason
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
total sh!t

Love this shot www.dropbox.com/sh/ethajruow28eo1a/JI0oYBZU_p/16729_416992221703020_131452092_n.jpg
some tilt/shift would have finished it maybe ? you think

what gear have you got
I will have to get my son to answer that one for you James, as I do the driving and he takes the shots.
He is studying Photography at college and he is always open to help and advise to improve his skills and portfolio.

· Registered
64 Posts
Yes mate I know of Canon's TS lenses, bit too expensive for me though, I've seen Digital Rev's reviews (check him on YouTube if you've not seen him) but I'm more of an experimental photographer. I like playing with light and stuff, I also love wide angle photography, so when I get a job the first purchase will be a 10-22mm

· Registered
1,925 Posts
A cheap way into tilt shift is to pick up an adaptor. You'll most likely lose autofocus, but you can usually get a fairly decent tilt adaptor for around £60. I have a Kipon one, and it's decent quality. Nice extra bit of kit to have if you want really selective focus.

· Registered
912 Posts
Looks good, I work quite a lot in county hall so walk through the tunnel quite a lot, when it first got graffitied it was shut for a weekend and let loose upon by banskey and other top class artists and some of the pieces looked amazing, still makes a great back drop but some of the stuff is a proper crap. Did the red car scrape on he crappy speed bump/ramp thing on the entrance to the tunnel as I've often thought about getting some shots there myself?

· Rotorhead
4,244 Posts
To be honest, if you're just looking to do a tilt/shift style shot, you're better off just adding the effect in Photoshop. The reason tilt/shift lenses are so expensive is because of their commercial advantages (huge DoF over small objects, ability to keep vertical lines despite close proximity to tall structures).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.